My truck and trailer

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking for over a month and have not found 7.3 that fit my requirements and wasn't beat to hell. I' ve done my research on 6.0, and I knew what I was getting into. The truck I got is all stock, never had performance upgrades that would accelerate common problems. I have a bulletproof EGR ready to install, along with a new oil cooler. I installed coolant filter, and have an OBDII monitor to keep an eye on important stats that would be indicative of problems. I never plan to add more power to it.

All trucks have problems, with every brand you can get a lemon. With a much larger sample size, it would be expected PSDs to have a more noticeable failure rate.

dylan8427

Glad to see you bought a 6.0L! Obviously you liked driving 'em haha. Sounds like your already nailing down the common problems. Any mods planned?

turbobrick

Man, that truck looks great. Good call on the Bulletproof stuff and the coolant filter, they have been solid on our vans. Like I said before, both vans also really liked the Diablo Sport tuner on economy, and have been running that way for a combined 120k miles.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
New wheels/tires are coming soon. Ordered a set of ProComp Type 7036 wheels.
ProComp7036.jpg
Will be getting a set of Toyo AT2s in 285/75R18 (35x11) in a few weeks.

Then I'd like to get a 2" front leveling kit and de-chrome the rest of the truck.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Those are good looking rims, and I really like that tire size. Tall and skinny! They should return good mileage.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Got new tires for the truck. 285/75R18 Toyo AT2 on 18x9 RpoComp Type 7036 wheels.

2013-05-03 06.51.19.jpg

ammowaster

Good looking wheels. I have been happy with my 6.0 and should probably look into the bulletproof stuff one of these days.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Installed the leveling kit. Just have to get a proper length trackbar to center the axle and I'm done.

2013-05-14+06.44.45.jpg

78Chief

have you had any issues with the high pressure oil system? i know that was something that got us pretty good on the ranch truck..

Edit: Good lookin truck!

GloNDark

New tires look great man. What do the measure height-wise in the real world.

I've been debating between the 35/12.50/17 or the 285/75/17 toyo at II's.

They sure look good on your truck.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Just a little update. I did some preventative work on the truck and swapped out EGR cooler for a Bulletproof Diesel cooler, as well as replaced the factory oil cooler with an updated model. After all the work I discovered that I fixed a leak that I had down the backside of the engine, I think it was the turbo oil drain line.

I also installed coolant filter and did CCV mod. The intake boots were getting pretty oily and one even popped off the turbo when I was driving through Utah coming from W.E. Rock finals in CO. Hopefully now that it doesn't "lubricate" the intake with oily vapor from the engine, I won't have any more issues.

Last edited: