Need Engine Help!!!

Scrub

Ok today i had to go run around and on my way back home i stop at a stoplight and my jeep starts squeeling really bad, so i stop as soon as i can kill it and pop the hood, everything seems normal i thought maybe it was a belt or something, so i go to start it up again and it seems to have to struggle to turn the motor over, and when it does start it runs rough and still squeels bad, so i rented a car dolly and got it back home, but i dont know where to start on it? i need this jeep running as its my only transportation, any ideas on what it could be would be great guys thanks :)

Oil is fresh and full no metal on the dip stick
coolant is normal
engine still runing at normal temps

-Matt-

Knight

maybe check your starter motor, could be the reason its not wanting to start and if the pin isn't disenaging could make the squeeling noise.

DBXJ

check the belt it might need a new one do this by runnin it and poor some water on it and if the squeeling stops then take a bar of soap and rub it on it

Scrub

ok i got it fixed, it ended up being the idler pulley, i guess my belt was too tight and it pulled it up and made it rub against the thermostat housing making the awful squeeling sound, new idler pulley and she's up and running again :)

thanks for the replys

-Matt-

Connect

Mine does that every now and then, it squeeks when idling, I assume its the belt because it seems old, I'm going to replace it when I do the thermostat and If it doesnt fix it I know who to call