Need Good Jeep Mechanic

Geo-Jeeper

I need a good Jeep mechanic to lift my Wrangler and do other minor work. Does anybody know someone in the Reno area that they consider a quality mechanic?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member

but, as always, i would recommend doing the work yourself if you plan on doing any serious wheeling, otherwise you wouldn't know how to fix it if anything ever breaks on the trail.

Denis said:

but, as always, i would recommend doing the work yourself if you plan on doing any serious wheeling, otherwise you wouldn't know how to fix it if anything ever breaks on the trail.

yeah doing it yourself is always the best bet... unless you have no clue what you are doing. Then i would recomend SamCo for anything that has to do with steering, axles, suspension, roll cages, or anything else along those lines. :yes:
Or if you just need engine work, I know Advanced Automotive is good. They work on jeeps a lot.

Sauce

I have dealt with both rockape and samco, both do excellent work. I don't know how much mechanical work Sam does, but rockape worked for honda as a mechanic, so he knows his junk ;)

rusty_tlc

I stopped by to visit with Sam the other night. Just looking at the FJ40 he is building tells me he really cares about craftsmanship. Just wish I didn't need to run off so soon. I could have spent a couple of hours BSing with him, and I learnd a lot more.

I'm doing most of my own work but if I can't start getting some better looking welds I will find the scratch to have Sam install my cage. Abyway I doubt it will be something I need to fix on the trail, and if it needs fixing I probably will to. :rolling:

Connect

or if you don't do serious wheeling, Les Schwab does a cheap 3" kit that's is fine for any light trail duty. Not to mention it's warrantied and you don't have to worry about what you forgot to put on :)

Samco Fab

I can install your lift kit, or lockers, or fab whatever you want, call or PM me and let me know what you need. Rockape probably knows more than me about troubleshooting engine and trans problems, and has fab skills :D We all have our specialties.
When are we gonna see Rockape open ApeCo and get a Yellow star?

xjmoser

CANYON KRAWLER MIKE said:
Bring it down to Truck Town USA we can do anything you like and lifetime warranty on parts and labor. :woot:

Did you guys lift that big black truck at sims its got like 20 feet of lift?

JOE THE TOE

No they didn't,SIMS purchased it that way & they're going to lower it back down so it drives right & KINGBLING is going to put the 49,s on the buggy for play-around-tires.That buggy will look sick with 49's,you'd actually be able to roll it over & it would still be on the tires!!!HOW 'BOUT IT. :eek: :eek: :D

xjmoser

JOE THE TOE said:
No they didn't,SIMS purchased it that way & they're going to lower it back down so it drives right & KINGBLING is going to put the 49,s on the buggy for play-around-tires.That buggy will look sick with 49's,you'd actually be able to roll it over & it would still be on the tires!!!HOW 'BOUT IT. :eek: :eek: :D

That thing is stupid as hell.

JOE THE TOE

Oh yeah I know , thats why they baught it...So they could display it for a little while(because it does draw attention) then lower it down ,make it right,and sell it.You godda admit when you pull up that thing looks pretty sick! :yes: