Need help finding a box to ship a rifle in.

Dr. Marneaus

Premium Member
Anybody have any ideas where I can find a (somewhat) generic box that's rifle sized? like 8" wide, 3" tall and 48 or more inches long?

Or, does anybody have an idea where I could find a large flat section of cardboard to craft one out of? I normally have furniture boxes and stuff laying around but they're all under the classics now and oil soaked :-(

jsipe007

I have a box that my AR came in and possibly one that a shotgun came in. I'll look tonight but you can have either. The AR box was from palmetto and has egg foam padding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Marneaus

Premium Member
I have a box that my AR came in and possibly one that a shotgun came in. I'll look tonight but you can have either. The AR box was from palmetto and has egg foam padding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe ask a gunshop?

I probably have one you could have. I can check tonight.

That would be awesome if either of you had something, especially with the foam! If you have it laying around and dont want it anymore I'd gladly take it, heck, i'll even grab you a tallboy or two of your choice ;-)

I normally keep around at least one box from a recent purchase, until the wife hollers about not enough space in the closet or what have you, and i havent bought any new in box long guns in quite some time :-/

seal13il

Premium Member
we had trash day this morning, but always have "extras", sure we can find something for you

I just ordered a bunch of fishing rod blanks and have a box that would work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

spinecracker

I went into Maccabee Arms yesterday because I needed a box for shipping, and I remembered the comments on this thread. The 2 gentlemen behind the counter were extremely helpful, and I will make sure I go back to look at some of the C&R firearms they had for sale. 2 thumbs up for Maccabee Arms (ok, and I want the Ferret armored car they have outside - my kind of 4x4 vehicle).

seal13il

Premium Member
I went into Maccabee Arms yesterday because I needed a box for shipping, and I remembered the comments on this thread. The 2 gentlemen behind the counter were extremely helpful, and I will make sure I go back to look at some of the C&R firearms they had for sale. 2 thumbs up for Maccabee Arms (ok, and I want the Ferret armored car they have outside - my kind of 4x4 vehicle).

happy the guys helped you out:)

seal13il

Premium Member
yep...got some cool things up on that wall:) that Ferret came from a local collector that needed out of it... cool little guy:)

spinecracker

yep...got some cool things up on that wall:) that Ferret came from a local collector that needed out of it... cool little guy:)

If you ever consider doing any restoration on the Ferret, then I'd be interested in helping out. Ferrets are tough little buggers, but they still need TLC.