neighbors and housing developments suck

kairo

Staff member
I was screwin around in the garage looking for something to do, and I spotted my chainsaw which hadent been run in the 3 years since I moved to Reno. I cleaned it up, put some fresh gas in it and fired the sucker up in my driveway. Kids across the street run inside, and pretty soon out comes mom with the two little creeps in tow. "Don't you think that's a little dangerous?" "I don't see how. . . I'm in my driveway, there's nobody around, and i'm not about to go cutting through the concrete"

"Well, it's kinda noisy, and I just dont think its something you should have out." I don't know who the hell this lady thinks she is, but I'm not her god damn kid. I politely told her to F off and she stormed back to the house with her cellphone in hand. I hope to god she calls the cops. I want to see what they have to say. Looking through the "home-owners covenances :barf:" now, I don't see anything that says I can't use a chainsaw on my property. Damn yuppies :mad:

Connect

wow man, I hate those stupid people who think they own the world and can control everything. It's a frieking chainsaw, it's not like your going to walk over to her property and start chopping her kids up...

NevadaXJ

Out where I live, I could have a chainsaw massacre, and the neighbors would just help me hide the bodies....

4X4BABE

NevadaXJ said:
Out where I live, I could have a chainsaw massacre, and the neighbors would just help me hide the bodies....
i would have thrown on my hood and ran after her with it...scared the biotch in the house....but yeah...yuppies

72 Virginians

Staff member
Christ, people get butt-hurt over the smallest things nowadays. I had a lady sit and wait for me in the parking lot because she thought one of my old bumper stickers was "distasteful". "Children left unattended will be sold into slavery." She thought it sent the wrong message. I looked at her, looked at the sticker and said, "Nope, that's the message I want to send." And I thought that was one of the least offensive stickers.

DBXJ

well i know how that goes i now have neighbors who moved here from calif. and think they can come into my garage and tell me to stop working im making to much noise...and every time i tell them to F off and they come right back the next day....some ppl just dont learn.

rusty_tlc

I'm lucky, I only have a couple of non-Nevadan neighbors. The rest of us have toys. We also have the best yards, Cali transplants cant seem to grow grass in Nevada.

Connect

everyone from the bay area is moving slowly eastwards, you think here is bad? Check out the foothills in cali :sycho:

Zebaru

Fortunately Fernley is still well insulated from California - and responsible parents.

There is one kid running around my neighborhood with what must be a 3' long mullet... How does that not count as child abuse?

Travis

Sierra Valley

Christ, try living in Truckee w/ those f'ers. They dont mouth of in the Sierra Valley, they know I will just punch there face in. No toleration. Hey Kairo, I would love to bring my Husqavarna over. I have a 36" bar on it, I bet she would love that ****. We could act like we are playing starwars w/ her kids:chairhit:

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Better Idea

I have always dealt with insensitive neighbors with an Iron hand.

How about we do my lift in a couple weeks in your driveway, and I can clean my AK47, AR15 and Tommygun while whistling zippideedoodaa? LOL

I can also arrange a car audio check with something like bassmechanic.
I will wear a doo-rag.:fro:

kairo

Staff member
Excellent ideas all, except I think my neighborhood would collectively sh!t a brick. It's allright, I'm moving out of there tomorrow anyways. I noticed my new next door neighbor unloading a moving fan full of high-end shop tools, so we'll see :D

scottb

good god man, that is crap. i moved here from el dorado county (out in the boonies near mt aukumn). i am horrified with all the crap people pull these days. i went shooting a while back and got some very wierd looks from people as i was hiking around with my mauser... no one (well the bay area and LA people) back home looks at you twice with a rifle (unless they want to know where you bought it). People flee the bay area cause they hate the crime, and want to move out to nature- they bring their kids who do the crime with them, and insist that nature needs to be more pasive and cut down trees and put pavement everywhere... god it sucks. i like the bumper sticker btw! that's good. i used to have one on my old car that said "i swerve and hit people at random" the guy i sold it to got pulled over by a cop and the cop said he should remove it because it is offensive. i would have ripped him with constitutional rights. man... /Rant