New heap, No Garage.

Mallford

Sold my TJ finally and have acquired a 1980 ScoutII. Thing has been sitting for a long time. What I am wondering is where you apartment dwellers work on your rig. My complex gives much grief if you even lift up your hood. I gotta get a house but like hell I am gonna pay some slacker at a service station and get jacked up for a tune up and valve cover gaskets.

Hell I am thinking about going in the mountains and finding a nice soft piece of grass to work around but sure would be nice to find somewhere else to go.

blackwidow

DBXJ said:
well could use my place if u need
lol.....well i use my parents place for all my work to my jeep. If you need a place to do some work, just post up on the site what you need and i'm sure someone on here could help you out......personally I'm willing to work or just lend a hand for food...

Mallford

Soda? I thought Corona or a nice pale ale of some sort would be in order for compensation.

Looks like what I need to do besides a basic tune up is:

1. Re-route the fuel line away from the header that goes around the outside of my frame(wierd.

2. Install an electric fuel pump on the tankside, screw the mechanical. Takes forever to get gas to the carb.

3. Prolly could need some carb adjustments but I have no idea how to do that kinda thing.

4. Valve cover gaskets need replaced.

5. Reverse shackle, SOA, 35's, gears, custom bumpers and a winch. Probably later when I can actually offord those things. But will deffinately happen.

6. Pay some dues and get in on the Reno4x4 thing and do some wheeling.

Scrub

There are allways a few people around that are willing to lend out there driveway, Now that i live in a house you can come over and use my driveway.

Just post it up and someone will help ya out.

-Matt-

DBXJ

well i dont drink so soda is fine for me and im hate to say it but im gonna be pretty buisy this weekend during the weekday im open and next weekend too

DBXJ

well there pizza when i used to drink i was violant just like everybody else in my dads side of the family so id rather give it up then go to jail

PizzaJeep

fair enough.. everyone reacts differently to alcohol.. personally, i get really relaxed.. as though im on laughing gas...

but everyones different- that and its all about moderation.. life goes on and we respect your decision to stay sober.. i have quite a few friends who i believe would benefit greatly from making a decision like that- then again they wouldnt be a tenth as fun as they are sober as they are with a few beers in them- whatever

Sauce

PizzaJeep said:
fair enough.. everyone reacts differently to alcohol.. personally, i get really relaxed.. as though im on laughing gas...

but everyones different- that and its all about moderation.. life goes on and we respect your decision to stay sober.. i have quite a few friends who i believe would benefit greatly from making a decision like that- then again they wouldnt be a tenth as fun as they are sober as they are with a few beers in them- whatever
some of you guys are underage and shouldn't be drinking anyway :yup:

Sauce

kairo said:
When's the MJ gonna be ready :(:( :(
patience young kairo, I want to be like you, but I need all of the parts first. Basically what I need is a fuel cell (I wanted to use and xj tank, but they poke holes in the gas tanks at PnP), my spacer for the t-case and some hangers and I am good to go. I just have to find a tank, one of the guys has a 12 gallon tank, but I was hoping for something bigger. We will have to see what happens.

PizzaJeep

hey what about the other salvage yards for a gas tank.. otherwise- i suppose it wouldnt be all that expensive just to buy one from like 4 wheel hardware??

Sauce

PizzaJeep said:
hey what about the other salvage yards for a gas tank.. otherwise- i suppose it wouldnt be all that expensive just to buy one from like 4 wheel hardware??
I haven't tried any of the other yards, the only reason I want to use an xj tank is to keep it simple, the xj tank has the same sending unit, same stuff I need for my mj

kairo

Staff member
I would call Pick n' save. they don't punch their gas tanks, as most of their vehicles still run. number is: 246 0711