Styx

I've been reading the boards for quite awhile, but haven't been able to sign up for some reason. No big deal i'm signed up now. Unfortunately i just recently busted a front hub. :( I don't like my front end grinding, so now I have a parked Cherokee and I'm trying to decide what to do next.

Styx

I'm saving my pennies diligently. Any body know if MileMarkers are any good? (couple hundred dollars cheaper).

EricsXJ

StyxNBones said:
I'm saving my pennies diligently. Any body know if MileMarkers are any good? (couple hundred dollars cheaper).

Theres good and bad with the Milemarker conversion vs Warn.

Good: Milemarker includes the hub tool with the kit, Warn doesn't and it'll cost you between $10 - $25. Plus the cost of the kit is so much cheaper...

Bad: Well, not necessarily "bad", but the Warn hub kit is stronger. The Warn outer stub shafts are alloy wereas Milemarkers are not. This is very nice if you want to use Warn alloy inners as well. Also, I still need to confirm this but I have heard the Warn hubs have alloy splines (in the hub) and I don't think MileMarkers do. I have been following a build-up of a certain XJ over time, he went with MileMarker and I later went with Warn. I have heard that he has broken several of the hubs with 33" tires. I have yet to break a Warn hub with my 33's but they haven't been used but a couple runs.

The Warn 5.5" hub kit is even stronger but leaves you with a different bolt pattern. The small 4.5" hubs are what I have and I planned it (hopefully) that they are the weak link in the front axle. They are an easy trail fix and don't take much room to carry as spares.

Then again you might get buyers remorse by spending so much on a Dana30. Over time I put so much into my D30 that I could have bought a custom built 44 if I had all the money to spend at once. But oh well... might as well throw even more money at the 30, like the ARB I'm about to get... :rolleyes:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
StyxNBones said:
I've been reading the boards for quite awhile, but haven't been able to sign up for some reason. No big deal i'm signed up now. Unfortunately i just recently busted a front hub. :( I don't like my front end grinding, so now I have a parked Cherokee and I'm trying to decide what to do next.

buy my used hubs. :D

Styx

Haven't updated in awhile, sold one jeep and got another off here. Finally got that one up and running with a new ICM then installed a 3-core radiator open system. Now i'm looking for the right lift to replace the 4 inches of blocks the guy I bought it from put in. He did do one thing right...the lower half is Rhino lined and its got some HD rock rails.
12-23-06_1408.jpg

12-23-06_1411.jpg

On Peavine Recently