New motorsports hobby

Well this is my first summer without a 4X4 rig. Miss the trails, but starting a family my wife (and I sort of) decided we did really need to trade the big beast for something more economical and safe. But the fun didn't have to stop. We ended up with a 2006 Si Civic. Have completed two autocrosses so far. I'm in the novice class for the first 10 events. Finished 5th outta 27 at the last event, so not too bad. Tons of fun.

Car isn't too wild yet, just intake, exhaust, wheels and a set of stickies.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Denis used to do that
Yup, it was fun, when you actually get to drive. Spending a whole day in the sun to be able to actually drive less than 10 minutes total gets old quick. Not very family friendly either - kids are too young to ride along and would be bored to death waiting for their turn anyways.

Toyota_James

The Mechanical Menace
Premium Member
I thought about doing some autocross to get some of my competitiveness off the street. How much does it cost to run? I imagine it has to be a hell of alot less than a street racing ticket / impound fees. The 10 minutes of driving per event might get annoying as I can run Geiger Grade all day if I wanted but its not timed. I think I might give it a shot with you Jason.

I thought about doing some autocross to get some of my competitiveness off the street. How much does it cost to run? I imagine it has to be a hell of alot less than a street racing ticket / impound fees. The 10 minutes of driving per event might get annoying as I can run Geiger Grade all day if I wanted but its not timed. I think I might give it a shot with you Jason.
If you're a member, its $25 per event and if you're in the morning group, you can pay an extra $10 to run in the afternoon as well. If not a member, you'll have to pay $15 for a weekend membership. We have two events per weekend (on the weekends we run).
I usually always run both groups.
There is one going on this weekend, but I couldn't make it as my wife just got laid off. The next one is July 14-15, and I'll be at both of those for sure.