New Truck

kairo

Staff member
I like the long bed Tacomas. I also happen to think the quicksand color is the best color Toyota has put on these vehicles. Finding a long bed quicksand Tacoma in the TRD offroad is bascially a Tacoma unicorn. Well Reno happened to get one in. It had the premium interior with all the cool new shit, so I went and bought it.
I had them put my 17" wheels with my new Duratracs on it from my old Taco sport. Not a bad looking truck if I do say so myself.

I'm ordering an ARE camper shell this week, and then it's off to the mountains to go camping.

Dolan gave me $30k for my '16 sport with 55k miles on it. If you've got a Taco or 4Runner, they're dried up on the used market right now -- you'll get money for yours if you're in the market for a new vehicle.

and @Dr Smash I'm likely gonna need those rock rails built soon :D

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I do like that color, should keep the Nevada pinstriping hidden well.

Definitely gotta protect this rockers and doors, with such long wheelbase you run out of break over angle pretty quick. I'm building these for my Tundra right now. At least it looks like the rockers are pretty straight, on the Tundra I had to taper the front and angle the back to follow body lines.

kairo

Staff member
Yah I think the quicksand is the best color on the Tacos. 2020 is the last year for it too! This year was the mid-cycle refresh, so it's got a few new gizmos on it.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
That's my favorite color of them too. It blends in good with the desert. When I was looking it wasn't offered in the higher end packages so I ended up with a different rig.

kairo

Staff member
People call it Insurgent Tan lol. I think it fits our climate here well.
2020 is the mid model refresh for the tacos. It's decently well appointed inside with the premium interior. First anything I've ever owned with leather seats. And the first year Toyota ever put a power adjustable drivers seat in them if you can believe that.

That was probably my biggest bitch with my '16 Sport. Couldn't raise the seat, and that stupid hood scoop was always in the way.

I had an early version of the 16 -- first year with the 3.5L and the new body style (don't buy first year models). This new truck drives and shifts so much better it's not even comparable.

solja4jc

I have a 17' Sport with only 49k miles on it, you got me thinking about getting a 4runner with what they are willing to give me for the truck haha