New Truck

kairo

Staff member
Out hunting Agates south of Fernley. Few big ones for decoration outside and about 20lbs of small stuff for the rock tumbler.

KZD3wl6.jpg

tWTyo5M.jpg

DustinCooper

That's a fine-looking Tacoma, Kairo. I'm planning to get myself a Tacoma as well, but I'm not so sure about the mud tires and wheels I should get with it. Do you have any suggestions, before I pull the trigger on my purchase? Anything I should know about the specs?

kairo

Staff member
That's a fine-looking Tacoma, Kairo. I'm planning to get myself a Tacoma as well, but I'm not so sure about the mud tires and wheels I should get with it. Do you have any suggestions, before I pull the trigger on my purchase? Anything I should know about the specs?

I have the stock wheels -- Well, I have the 17's from my TRD sport on my new TRD offroad. I had just bought new Wrangler Duratracs for my other truck so I had the dealership swap the wheels and tires over to my new truck.

I've been happy with the duratracs. Really any of the major brand A/T or M/T tires will be just fine for around here.

If you get the TRD OR gives you the rear locker and all the crawl control stuff, which I don't really use. The sport has tighter suspension and handles better on the street, but definitely bounces you around offroad.

I went from sport to OR and I'm happy with that decision. One other thing you'll want to consider is the bed length. I opted to go with the 6' "long bed" on this truck so I could sleep in the back.