• DISCLAIMER: RENO4x4 is in no way responsible for any firearms transactions made on and/or through this site. All transactions must be in accordance with all local, state and federal laws. By use of the site, buyer and seller specifically agree to hold RENO4x4 completely harmless for any damages from misuse, illegal transactions, etc.

NOTICE TO ALL NEW MEMBERS SELLING FIREARMS

Scrub

Just another reason I'll never shop at Maccabee. First you’re upset that a guy in Gardnerville is offering AK build classes for next to nothing ($35) on this site without a vendor account. Who do you think pays for that vendor membership. It's called pass through I do. No surprise you are also now for driving up prices once again on personal sales by requiring a membership to post sales. Let's see so you’re on here to drive up prices so your shop is more competitive. I get your game. I hope everyone else can see through it to. I am all for fair practices and I agree that this site is for 4x4. Maybe it's time for someone to start a Nevada forum for gun sales and talk. I know southern Nevada is hurting for a forum with sales. Yes, I have a truck that has not been washed in two years and there is dirt under the fenders. I have a dirt bike and I am a sixth generation Nevadan. What I find interesting is that a Google search brings up Reno 4x4 and the first thread offering (meaning most visited/popular) is the firearms thread. Maybe it's time for a firearms forum. I'd pay $20 just to stop the bantering from the 4x4 community.

WTF are u smoking?

He must be hitting he crack pipe pretty hard.

pumpkin

Just another reason I'll never shop at Maccabee. First you’re upset that a guy in Gardnerville is offering AK build classes for next to nothing ($35) on this site without a vendor account. Who do you think pays for that vendor membership. It's called pass through I do. No surprise you are also now for driving up prices once again on personal sales by requiring a membership to post sales. Let's see so you’re on here to drive up prices so your shop is more competitive. I get your game. I hope everyone else can see through it to. I am all for fair practices and I agree that this site is for 4x4. Maybe it's time for someone to start a Nevada forum for gun sales and talk. I know southern Nevada is hurting for a forum with sales. Yes, I have a truck that has not been washed in two years and there is dirt under the fenders. I have a dirt bike and I am a sixth generation Nevadan. What I find interesting is that a Google search brings up Reno 4x4 and the first thread offering (meaning most visited/popular) is the firearms thread. Maybe it's time for a firearms forum. I'd pay $20 just to stop the bantering from the 4x4 community.

Dude you must be a douche bag if you want to complain and can't afford the membership then go post somewhere else. This a 4x4 forum after all.

Nevadabackroader

Got two words for you. The first starts with an F and ends in a K I think? Oh and the second word is You. Love these guys who bitch about having to pay to sell stuff here! Driving up prices on personel sales by requiring membership? Wow.

tahoe1028

Ill continue to shop at maccabee. I found his prices to be fair. you want to bitch about prices go to armslist or gunbroker and pay $50 for a mag

Nevadabackroader

Ill continue to shop at maccabee. I found his prices to be fair. you want to bitch about prices go to armslist or gunbroker and pay $50 for a mag

Me as well. Went there for the first time yesterday and its a great shop. Great welcome from Sharon and he will have my business in the future.

Whips66

You guys crack me up.

Not sure how things get so off topic on here....oh yea because people love to go rabid on anything.

Here is what I said (I will only try one more time) Reno 4x4 is an off-road site and they have every right to kick firearms or anything that detracts from off-road off their site. Maybe someone (not me) as I am not an IT guy should start a dedicated firearms blog for Nevada. I don't like being an unwanted guest. I like the idea of having a dedicated site for firearms (not armslist) is all I am saying. Unless Reno 4x4 is ok with the firearm traffic staying on this site? I like it here as it has been warm and cozy................and most of the people on here have been very helpful and nice to deal with. I’ll pay for a membership when one of two things occurs. 1. I decide to sell something 2. They make it a requirement for all members to have a membership to view the forums. I don’t recommend this since I think it will more than likely drive away potential new members. I also don’t like the idea of a minimum post count because you incentivize people to open their fat mouths to increase post count. Hence my low count. If I didn’t have anything of value to add in the past I had no incentive to say anything. Now you guys are saying anything is better than nothing. This is like saying there is no such thing as stupid questions………..

I never said anything about Maccabee prices. I was simply making a point about their practices on this forum which I have found to be anti-competition and predatory.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe someone (not me) as I am not an IT guy should start a dedicated firearms blog for Nevada. I don't like being an unwanted guest. I like the idea of having a dedicated site for firearms (not armslist) is all I am saying.

It's already been tried. People still prefered to post on Reno4x4.com

I own NevadaGunOwners.com domain and can get it resurrected as it's own forum in an hour or less.

tahoe1028

"I never said anything about Maccabee prices. I was simply making a point about their practices on this forum which I have found to be anti-competition and predatory"

"Let's see so you’re on here to drive up prices so your shop is more competitive. I get your game. I hope everyone else can see through it to. "

both your quotes... So ok how am I taking that wrong?

and when I bought mags there when he got them in and paid a dollar less then Scheels was charging.thats a no brainer for me I think id rather shop with him.

Nevadabackroader

The gun parts of this site are fine, and its a great community. People joining just to sell a gun to profit in todays shit is not good, but thats been rightfully fixed. I think the setup right now is perfect. I joined for the 4x4. Then got into guns here. My time is spent about equally between the two. If someone has usefull gun tech to add, and wants to be part of the community, thats fine IMO. Maybe they will get interested in 4x4 someday. Just to sell overpriced gun, not fine. Pay membership, support the site and be part of the community- guns, 4x4 or both. $20 membership is not that much to support this great community.

tpwshowtime

Hi there i have paid the for the membership just wondering if 4x4 got it and when my profile will be updated on this wonderful site?

seal13il

Premium Member
welll, still, like Scrub mentioned.....u have the option to be a paying member and than you are exempt......welcome to the forum though...

ChickenLittle

Thank you for considering Reno4x4 as a place to sell your goods. While we value an active marketplace, we value more-so an active community discussion. Therefore all new members or members with few posts contributing to the firearms marketplace will be subjected to evaluation. Your posts, as per the forum rules may be edited, deleted, or otherwise modified at our discretion. Please do not take offense if your content has been modified. Direct all questions to the administrative staff.

I (we) understand there is a shortage, a scare, and a hype to firearms in the U.S. right now. Prices will rise as supply and speculation drive them. Reno4x4, however, will not become a haven of one-post members taking advantage of scare tactics to make a profit.

If you have any questions please PM myself or any of the other moderators.

Thanks

Now that the scare is over can we open this up to one post wonder people?

Teal-J

I may be a little inebriated, but Why? About 50% of the posts are firearm related.....it does say something about 4x4 in the site name....unless you are selling a ZPU-4 its not 4x4. Just my take. Otherwise change the name of the forum to Reno Guns and Trucks.

ChickenLittle

I may be a little inebriated, but Why? About 50% of the posts are firearm related.....it does say something about 4x4 in the site name....unless you are selling a ZPU-4 its not 4x4. Just my take. Otherwise change the name of the forum to Reno Guns and Trucks.

Encouraging one thing through the suppression of another is how big government try to stimulate business. If the 4x4 group grows the gun sections post size naturally whats wrong with that?