Now this is an expedition!

Inc

Staff member
Didn't Ewan McGregor do something like this on his motorcycle? Maybe it was just Asia or something. It would be cool to see or hear updates about how this trip turns out.

TwinStick

He is a native of France but I wonder what his passport says. I would rather travel under a French citizen rather than an American due to the political climate. That is just me though, sounds like he has everthing handled.

He is ready for a journey, wish him well.

floor ya

something like this has always been my dream. maybe someday?

and yes mike (inc.) ewin magreager and a buddy rode bmw's around the world and then rode from scotland to capetown so. africa. it was called long way around. and long way down. i have both dvd collections if you want to borrow them let me know.:thumbsup:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
toyotas are tuff and badass and all but this guy seems like a moron to me to be going that many miles and only budget 4k for repairs

ther equipment and modifications included a roof rack, reinforced front bumper, safety devices so people don't steal my new home, bolting metal plates behind windows in the back to create a secure cargo area for my belongings, and bolting a safe to the frame. Added costs: $3,000. I budgeted $4,000 for repairs on the road, though I hope to use only a fraction of it.

Inc

Staff member
something like this has always been my dream. maybe someday?

and yes mike (inc.) ewin magreager and a buddy rode bmw's around the world and then rode from scotland to capetown so. africa. it was called long way around. and long way down. i have both dvd collections if you want to borrow them let me know.:thumbsup:

Sweet, thanks for the offer and I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

RenoRacing

Couldn't help but relate this to my friend Larry's dream, which is already underway. I know there are some avid fly fishers on here, and that's a large part of his motivation. Expedition to Endure is a 16,000 mile bike ride that he and two friends are undertaking next year. Larry has already ridden his bike solo across the country for a documentary called "For Thousands of Miles". So he's serious about this. See here http://sixtyfourdays.com/ for an awesome trailer, and here for more... http://forthousandsofmiles.com/

http://www.expeditiontoendure.blogspot.com/
Here's the link to the current project, which is looking for any help they can get! I know you guys are a generous and share some of the same ideals that Larry does. Even just in this thread people are mentioning their dreams. Help his come true! Take a minute and check out his page and spread the word if you think it can help in any way! Thanks!
-Jesse

Bitosin

I'm not so interested in world travel, considering the political situation in some areas. I do dream of someday being able to drive across the U.S. and back, possibly doing as much as possible not on paved roads.

Best of luck and best wishes to this guy for his 'round the world excursion.

72 Virginians

Staff member
images