Overland/Camping tip of the day.

DBJ

My tip of the day: tarps or top on an open jeep.................Had standing water inside the tub, it rained harder than ive seen in a long time up in the hills north of reno. Only tarps I had were under my tents. Note to self BRING MORE TARPS!!

DiscoveredLC

My tip of the day: tarps or top on an open jeep.................Had standing water inside the tub, it rained harder than ive seen in a long time up in the hills north of reno. Only tarps I had were under my tents. Note to self BRING MORE TARPS!!

come over to the store, we have bilge pumps for boats!

:razz:

DBJ

come over to the store, we have bilge pumps for boats!

:razz:

Very funny but thats what I needed. I was on top of a mountian winching another guy out of the mud and rocks when it started coming down. Nothin I could do but wish I had a Bilge pump or a tarp.

Manolito

We bought a shower stall that folds up very small and use it for bathroom and dressing. Tent is small so this allows you to stand up. We have a bucket with a seat and use cat litter to absorb moisture and it works well on odors. When you use the facility just add a little litter on top. When you return home dispose of in the trash with the rest of the garbage. This has also worked well for small grandkids. We put a chemlight in the enclosure and the kids can go by themselves.
Bill

DiscoveredLC

Very funny but thats what I needed. I was on top of a mountian winching another guy out of the mud and rocks when it started coming down. Nothin I could do but wish I had a Bilge pump or a tarp.

Thats the scary part about this area, it can start raining hard as hell in no time at all. Flash floods are a scary thing in the mountains! I'll be calling you later this week to make sure everything is good to go for the event since i'll be out hunting all next week.

rusty_tlc

Add extra bungees to that list. I keep a small tarp with enough bungees to secure it to my FJ40 in a bag under the front seat. The bag is the leg from an old pair of jeans.
I use old jean legs to make bags for lots of stuff, fast, easy and durable. Just turn it inside out and sew the cut end to make a bag, you can cut them to whatever length you need before you sew.