Pardoes Trail

EricsXJ

I've noticed we have this run on the calendar and its coming up in two weeks. I would like to do it if there are others interested. Of course I should probably get my interior finished before then. This week I've been doing nothing except finishing the book. Next week hopefully I'll have more time to get it done.

I've never done Pardoes but it shouldn't be that difficult of a trail based on this review -> http://www.californiajeeper.com/pardoe/review.htm but it will take all day to get down there, run the 15 miles in, 15 miles out, and drive home. So we'd need to start very early in the morning I think.

So who's all interested?

Connect

That's one hell of a drive on some two lane highway but it sounds worth it. I'll go I guess, shouldn't have a problem with the lift.

kairo

Staff member
I'd love to do this one. I ordered my HD SYE today and I'll order the CV shaft after it's installed. Providing I have everything ready to go, I want to do this trail

Connect

Well I haven't really tested it but it seemed to work fine the other day on a side road. I'm going to test it again and If I have to disconnect the linkage and push it in manually that might be the way of things.

RARECJ8

i've ran pardoes many times-- good camping along south shore of bear river res. (plus a neat little store/gas/bar at the marina) and REALLY good camping at Mud Lake, after the run is done-- don't let the name fool ya-- its very nice indeed.

have fun-- i'll be on Rubicon that w/e.

mb

Scrub

Connect said:
Well I haven't really tested it but it seemed to work fine the other day on a side road. I'm going to test it again and If I have to disconnect the linkage and push it in manually that might be the way of things.

LOL now your trying to be like me :yup: j/k whatever gets the job done :)

velvetant

RARECJ8 said:
i've ran pardoes many times-- good camping along south shore of bear river res. (plus a neat little store/gas/bar at the marina) and REALLY good camping at Mud Lake, after the run is done-- don't let the name fool ya-- its very nice indeed.

have fun-- i'll be on Rubicon that w/e.

mb
If thats the case maybe we should do an overnight trip since its a few hours a way. what do you think? Mud Lake?

EricsXJ

I may or may not be able to do overnight but it is not out of the question. Perhaps it could be optional for those who don't want to camp - they could make it a day trip (will be long...)

Either way I'd like to get an early start. Is meeting at 6:30am too early?

Connect

6:30 is chill, If I can manage to drag somebody out with me I wouldn't mind camping.

Last edited:

Fish Sticks

I'll put in for that day off work. Hope to make this one. I'll probably only be able to do a day trip.

Last edited:

EricsXJ

This run is a definite go for me, but it will be a day trip. I finished the first draft of the book and it turns out I need a little bit more content. So if you are an XJ guy, I'll probably be taking some more pictures. Glad to hear you are going Cutthroat - I'd really like a few more of your rig.

So a lot of guys said they MIGHT be able to go... lets get a count - Saturday is only 2 1/2 days away.

Who is for sure planning on going?

blackwidow

sorry eric i'm going back up to the con' on friday and coming back on sunday. I can take more pics as well if you want....Any way glad to hear the book is about done...well at least for the first draft. Take lots of pics, interested in how the scenary there is
dustin

Connect

gotta check it out on the highway tommorrow, make sure everything in the front end is locked down for long distance, I still don't have plans though.

xjmoser

It doesnt look like anyone is going other than Eric.

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Thats all I hear when it comes time to actually go wheelin. I guess this is more of a web wheelin forum now.

I know some people on here work weekends and thats not the people im talking about.

:ne_nau:

Scrub

xjmoser said:
It doesnt look like anyone is going other than Eric.

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Thats all I hear when it comes time to actually go wheelin. I guess this is more of a web wheelin forum now.

I know some people on here work weekends and thats not the people im talking about.

:ne_nau:

Hey i try and get out and do the runs that are a little closer to home, when i get everything workin correctly on my jeep then it would be a different story for these far out trips......so just hope your not talkin bout me tom :wave: