Play music on ipad

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Want fo bring song sets camping to play on 32 gig ipad well beyond cell,data coverage. What do you guys use? And why? Want tunes in jeep when pandora out of range.

Suggestions please

Shawn Trooper

I always bring my 300 capacity CD wallet with me... I know I am still stuck in 1993. If you have a Bluetooth stereo in you jeep you can download songs to you ipad and play them back via the Bluetooth connection from outside the vechicle. Or you may beable to use a 3.5mm stereo aux jack to your iPad depending on your jeeps stereo capabilities.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Ipad is heep stereo. When in range pandora. But how play songs when beyond data coverage?

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Little room left for storage. Orher stuff. 32 g last not long. Was wanting tunes for camping

jsipe007

I do not believe you can save music to sim card unfortunately.

If you will have internet access (which I noticed you said you will not have in OP) you can upload music to iTunes cloud, use Pandora/spotify or a number of app opptions out there.

If no internet access, you'll have to delete or remove from iPad to make space. You can use iTunes to back up photos for example and remove all photos for trip in favor of music. When you return you can remove the music in favor of the photos.

Some apps are incredibly large on the iPad, you can go into settings, General, usage (I believe) to see what uses the most space.

Good luck!

gottorque

I have Spotify Premium which allows you to make playlists available offline. Yes its 10 bucks a month but I feel the cost is well worth it considering the offline feature and the sheer amount of songs available.

I have an old ipod touch i use just for Spotify in the jeep and it works great.
Download the playlists while you're connected to your home wireless and you're good to go

RelentlessTaco

Reno4x4 Vendor
Either download music into itunes (if you own a decent digital selection) or buy spotify premium for $9.99/mo and search all your favorites and download them to the ipad for off cell/wifi coverage

mattific

Premium Member
I use spotify. 13$ a month and it lets you save any song you'd like onto your iphone/ipad. You can put together your own playlist and there's an option to download it to your device to play without service

69cj5

Sirius XM. Use this on my bike, love it while traveling through the back roads of the state.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
still exploring options. there is an adapter from 8 pin lightening to usb, but from what we see apple will not recognize a usb thumb drive. Only device it seems is a 5th gen ipod nano. then to get music onto that device. so for now will just enjoy the low range hum of the under drive crawl box.