Play music on ipad

Shawn Trooper

If audio quality is not important to you this will work just fine. If audio quality is important to you then I would steer away from this unit.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Does your jeep have a CD player that will play a MP3 CD? Burn a disc. They can hold over 8 hrs of music.
no stereo hence the project to get tunes in rig. and no room for one either. dash mounted iPad min i does a LOT but sux no music away from cell/data service.

ScoobyMike

I have a satellite radio with cradles & antennas installed in each of my vehicles. I put the receiver into whichever vehicle I am driving. I'll have it in my Jeep for the scramble, hope you like polka polka polka!

Tom A

I got one of these: www.amazon.com/Soundfly-Player-Transmitter-Stick-Players/dp/B0018P7WZ2/

Plug in the cig lighter, plays through the radio. It can play from a SD card, thumb drive, or has 3.5mm stereo in so you can play through your car radio anything that has a headphone jack. Some folks probably complain about the sound quality, but I have spent too much time around airplanes, race cars and firearms to notice any difference.

Pretty hard to beat for the price.

MCBogger

Pay $10 a month to download from google play for offline music that's what I use when way out from service on our ipad. First month is free trial so you can use it then cancel it, I've done that with two different emails. Works great.

willys dave

Sirius Radio As other have mentioned, we have it in all the cars. One is portable and I move it from vehicle to vehicle. We very seldom loose signal. That way you have a lot more choices

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Circling back around to this. Since your current Ipad is used for other things and you have no space, time to move up. Ipod 32/64GB will do the trick. In addition maybe a car stereo deck with USB port & or Bluetooth, get a 64GB thumb drive and done. You get the deck, and I will install. Maybe even hook you up with the deliverance sound track.....

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Mark PM me if you need a deck with usb capability. I've got a used one i could probably set you up with.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
lately been using with good success pandora thru a bluetooth speaker. works great if w/in data range.

tnx cashy, but there is no more room in the dash for any stereo. in fact pulled the old one to make room for EFI fuel pressure gauge and some USB ports.

Nevadabackroader

Spotify is great. I got it after hearing about it in this thread. 3k songs is about the most you can download for offline play but you can make different playlists.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Hiw much data is a song? Idea is to play music on iPad when far beyond cell or data range. When in range, no brainer, pandora blasts thru the jeeps bluetooth speakers.

jfrey123

I like my Spotify a lot, and they make it easy to download a playlist or set of albums for offline listening. $10 a month and I can use it on damn near every device I own (one device at a time, though I can turn other devices to airplane mode and still play the download stuff on there as well as a live device).

Jeep_noob

Hiw much data is a song? Idea is to play music on iPad when far beyond cell or data range. When in range, no brainer, pandora blasts thru the jeeps bluetooth speakers.
general rule of thumb is 1MB per minute for an MP3. Average song being about 3 you can estimate that most songs will be about that. I haven't looked into more current formats but I assume compression has improved while maintaining higher sound quality. I think back when I had an pop nano 4gig they mentioned putting 1,000 songs on it. Which for most is more than enough space...

DirtyChemist

I just buy songs/CDs/albums and put them into a digital format and store them on my phone. Plenty of receivers now have a USB plug so you charge the phone and play your tunes. You could even charge other things such as a camera on the USB input.

willys dave

Hey Mark, you haven't remarked about the numerous people who have mentioned Satellite radio, specifically XM radio. Are you familiar with it ? You get 1,000 channels and for an example, channel 5 is 50s music, 4 is forties, and perhaps for you 3, for the thirties. Just kidding but you get sports, comedy channels, Howard Stern, entertainment and so much more, it's awesome. Not only that but my receiver is half the size of a pack of smokes. We have it in all our vehicles and I can move the small portable receiver to my work vehicle and back in no time. You get so much more then just music, don't limit yourself to canned music you have already heard. Damn, I should be their salesman ! lol

Squirrel Cage

I like my Spotify a lot, and they make it easy to download a playlist or set of albums for offline listening. $10 a month and I can use it on damn near every device I own (one device at a time, though I can turn other devices to airplane mode and still play the download stuff on there as well as a live device).
I love my Spotify also! I have all of my music downloaded and will be able to play it in airplane mode for the next 5 days off grid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk