Project Anti-Bling, Front Leaf MJ

Sauce

The official project anti-bling thread
antibling.jpg

First of all, mad props go out to Drew (aka sten_mitchell) and dustin (blackwidow), I couldn't have done it without them. Drew, your welding blows my mind and Dustin, your work ethic, knowledge, and ingenuity are amazing.
Anyways, I started on the front leaf spring set up today and just finished up a while ago, got everything in except, I need some shocks, shock mounts, brake lines and a dana 300 and I will be done :D

Last edited:

Sauce

The specs on my truck are

Front Dana 44, 5.38's, lock right crossover steering
Rear 12 Bolt welded, 5.38's
Dick cepek 35x12.5x15 on bling bling wagon wheels :barf:
We started doing stock toyota rears springs in front but they were just to long, esp. since I am using the stock LCA mounnts. I am running a form of toyotas, off set FJ-40 springs. i will be going to yj leafs or waggies eventually, but these are working out well so far.
Here are some pictures
Before
stock3.jpg

stock1.jpg

Sauce

The hanger (thanks dennis, it is a life saver)

hanger3.jpg

hanger2.jpg

And, after

wait, I forgot to bring my camera home tonight, so you guys will just have to wait for the pictures :avid:

As for me, I need to go to bed, i am getting an early start tommorow :yup:

Sauce

We got everything in, but are missing a few miscellaneous parts (brakeline fittings, u-bolts for the yoke that goes from the d shaft to the axle). I hate the fact that we are so close to finishing it, but are just lacking 2 parts :rolleyes: We have about 25 hours in to the whole project. Any way, here are the pictures

The first is just the old stock dana 35 under the jeep
Stockfront.jpg

The next is just a picture of the front with out an axle
everythingout2.jpg

This is the booty fab portion of your program, we used washers to shim the shackles over so we could line up the front mounts which we then welded to the cross member
bootyfabshackles.jpg

Sauce

At the end of night one, we drove it around like this sans brakes, that was fun, just ask dustin, he was riding on the center console :yup:
goofy2.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of the rear, it isn't like there was anything exciting going on. This is the finished product. Believe it or not, I am perfectly level, some days you just get lucky, I was going to run toyota rears, but my rear mount wasn't far enough back. I just so happened to have some fj40 springs that Sam at Samco Fab gave me, and, believe it or not, I am perfectly level :D
sittinlevel.jpg

Sauce

Here is a poser shot of the rear, I am getting about 13-14" of travel in the rear
poser1.jpg

Here is a poser shot in the front, I am getting about 13" of travel in the front
frontflex.jpg

Well, off to bed. I should be finished by monday :D

blackwidow

hey david that is lookin good all done. How much longer that take you guys on the back end? Well we will have to go test it soon. Oh you guys go hit up the Articulation Ramp?

Sauce

xjmoser said:
Lookin good! What do you plan to do with the front shackles now?

We welded the mounts on in a different place, so we already fixed the problem...

blackwidow said:
hey david that is lookin good all done. How much longer that take you guys on the back end? Well we will have to go test it soon. Oh you guys go hit up the Articulation Ramp?

We worked on the rear end, brakes, etc for another 4 hours after you left. We didn't get to take it out to the rti ramp, no brakes and the d-shaft is not connected because we were missing some parts. We will probably finish up tommorow, hangin with the in-laws today :D

Samco Fab

There are a couple of drive lines with a 1310 cv on one end and reg 1310 on the other side here in my shop. They have kind of small tubes but you might measure them when you come ramp that beast... if they might work for a front d line. There from that fj40, glad to see you use those springs and I hope those shocks work good too. I might have some shock mount tabs around if you need some too. What t case and trans are in that non blingin white machine?

Sauce

samco fab said:
There are a couple of drive lines with a 1310 cv on one end and reg 1310 on the other side here in my shop. They have kind of small tubes but you might measure them when you come ramp that beast... if they might work for a front d line. There from that fj40, glad to see you use those springs and I hope those shocks work good too. I might have some shock mount tabs around if you need some too. What t case and trans are in that non blingin white machine?
it is an ax-15 and np 231, I am looking for a dana 300 so it will have the output on the correct side. I will probably bring it by the shop tommorow night later after I finish up the brake lines and get the correct strap for the yoke.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I have my front CV driveshfat for sale. From a TJ, 1310 CV on one end regular 1310 on the other. I'll sell it cheap, but it might need new u-joints.

4xyota

dam that look's good I remember you talking about it on pizza night well keep up the good work and cant wait to see you on the trail until then get us some cool shot's of the rig playing around with all the new mod's evin if you have to drive on someone's car in the parking lot :D

Sauce

well, it is finished. I went down and put it on the rti, but I forgot my camera :mad: It did surprisingly well. So well in fact that I cracked my windshield :eek: :mad: More pictures tommorow. I am soooo burnt out. off to bed.