Project Junk in da Trunk

jfrey123

Hey, for that window basket you hung on the passenger side, are those just screwed into the plastic or is there some sort of reinforcement? I've wanted to do something similar, but wasn't sure if they would hold weight only screwed into plastic...

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
They go thru the plastic in the original screw holes that hold it into place. They are quite secure becaus ethey go into the steel frame of the truck. In your case the plastic trim is held in place by clips, but there is steel behind that can be screwed into. Im going to do some of these for a jeep liberty and will post up some pics of that.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
so i started the rear bumper this afternoon. I have a customer that wants a one and he needs a visual so...... Mine will be full wrap-around protection (just like yours rusty TLC ) The hitch will be fully supported front (bumper) and back (cross member) The cross member will also be the rear foundation for the fuel tank skid plate. 20 bolts all together will tie the bumper to the frame. The class 4 hitch only had 4 bolts holding it on. The exhaust has been rerouted for clearance and the outlet protected at the bumper. The hitch will be hidden with a flip down plate like the front which will also hide the trailer plug. I am going to use little LED bolts to hold the plate on for a license plate light. The plate holder on the rear is only temporary for now.

Attachments

87cherokee

God i LOVE the work you do man. Really nice! Your an artist with metal! Im still tryin to get somemoney together to get me some bumpers!

L.D.

Chevy, I've done the vary same thing on my 2wd toyota truck. vary slick. remember when the filler spout was hidden behind the plate?

turbobrick

My '79 Cutlass Supreme had that cool feature. The would be a good source for the hinged plate mount, should be '76-'85

turbobrick

Between the roof rack and top box you could move most of the contents of my house. The rack looks amazing, I may need one.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Built a cowl induction hood and had it painted an anti glare black. Got some new wheels and tires also.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339126717.701649.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339126735.841900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339126747.054912.jpg