Project Junk in da Trunk

turbobrick

Now get that big throttle body in there, and rig up that cowl induction, I want to know what kind of improvement you see.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Got the hood done a while ago, finally got then rear bumper done and painted, and the new rim and tire combo. No lift cut fenders and 35'sImageUploadedByTapatalk1358573316.934871.jpg

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
I like the black look but I aslo have a bunch of other rims and tires still. this afternoon I replaced the rear leafsprings. The ones that were on there were totally shot for a 7400 pound truck. The ones that I put in are 91 v30 rear springs, so they have all of the little shims and wear pads inbetween. I snap some pics in the morn,its was dark by the time I finished it up and drove home. It rides so much better and quieter now.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Mark Twain

Well things are getting back to normal and I am back driving good ole “ Junk in the Trunk”. Doing some LED interior updates.

ManNamedJed

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm working on a 71 suburban. I've had it on my to-do list to talk to you about some bumpers.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Bumpers are one of my more favorite things to build so go ahead and give me a call anytime at the shop number was a landline and that is now gone the new number is 775-762-3358 call anytime thanks

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Smash!!!!! Man that is a great name to see my forum feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mang!

Here is the control center of ole Junk in the Trunk. Let’s see yours.

Last edited:

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Extended the rack put the tire over the passenger and added a few lights. Kinda going for that Camel Trophy look.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Fabricated a 6 gallon solar shower. It’s pressurized by the on board air compressor and controlled with an air switch with a pressure regulator. This will spray at full pressure for 4.2 minutes has a garden hose fill up adapter and soon a instant hot water propane attachment.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Those are cool but I think they’re main purpose is to keep the dang thing closed while you bomb down dirt roads at unsafe speeds. What I would like to do is use 2 big car roof travel bags and trunk organizers. This will net me the maximum storage with full waterproof covering.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
55 watt solar panel with solar charge controller. The mount allows me to aim it to the sun.

ScoobyMike

Very nice Smash! Make sure to use stainless hardware against the aluminum solar panel frame.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

RARECJ8

Premium Member
Nice row of lights up top, but looks like a hassle to remove the middle covers..., lol. All u need now is a kitchen sink.