public ponds

dye_dan

This is way off topic, but I live near Red Rock / Stead and I'm looking for a pond or some type of water where I can take my pup swimming. There's signs posted all around Silver Lake (which actually has water right now) and I don't think the golf course people would let me use theirs. Any others around that I can get access to?

dye_dan

I thought I heard there was but haven't seen them. What road do you go off to head in the right direction? Near the end of Stead by the wrecking yard, the end of virginia, towards Golden Valley, or more towards Reno? Any input would be useful - I'll just go exploring for them sat or sunday.

DBXJ

umm wel i could just tak u up there if u want i just know how toget there by memory i dont know the road names and what not but i can still get there and oin about 5 min to

dye_dan

Cool, if you have some time this weekend or one night this week I'd appreciate it if you could show me where they are. They have water year around or just when it's wet?

DBXJ

well it should have water year around i used to go swiming there alot in winter though it low but not dry how bout friday night or sat

dye_dan

Either works for me. Isn't friday pizza night? You go to that? My wife's out of town through sunday so I'm pretty free this weekend (no house-chores!). Just let me know when/where to meet you. I'm off work about 5 tomorrow so I could be ready by 5:30 or so, or I should be free all day saturday. Only issue could be that I'm supposed to pick up my bow from the shop probably on saturday so I may have to go into town to pick that up. Buy friday night or sat morning should be great.

DBXJ

i think the club only has a pizza night once a month and its at the begging of every monyh besides that i cant go fri night from 9:30 11:00 or sat morin from 7-about8:00am i have to do a couple of things i need todo but after i get done with what in need to do ill be free

dye_dan

So do you wanna go friday night at 6 or so? I just want to see where it is really, so it'd be a short trip if it's close.

DBXJ

okay at the chevron there i have a grey jeep cherokee with a bush guard on it
and call my cell if u cant find me 741-8011

dye_dan

Bush guard is funny.

I just realized it's getting dark not long after six. Wanna try for a little earlier like 5:30? Not that I'm afraid of the dark or something....

Scrub

lol yea they are known to be pretty mean :) mine was mean enough to get into a car with some unknown guy and he was never seen again :(