put on my new tires and took my baby home!

scottb

So i got some 33X12.50X15 Mickey thompson baja claw tires, and some cragar wheels and a new tach, boost gauge (for upcoming turbo project), and a bunch of other stuff (a high-lift jack replacement and a 4 ton comealong). so here's some pics of the new tires and wheels. oh, i also got a spare BFG m/t from pandp today for free....sweet just threw it on my wheel for 14 bucks.
newtiresfront.jpg

newtiresside.jpg

tires.jpg

newtires.jpg

looks so much better now that it is off the ground. i'd go wheelin with it this weekend but im going back to california to do some mine tours...

Connect

Looks good, hope you invested in a $20 set of lock nuts :) And an alarm with motion sensing and engine disable. :roll:

72 Virginians

Staff member
Looks good. Glad it wasn't worse than it could have been.

I'm gonna send a link to my buddy. I told him he should have bought a 4 Runner instead of an Isuzu Pooper.

scottb

speaking of, one of the guys who works at the west mccarren tires plus is selling his 87 4runner, good shape- red. anyhow yeah i did the locknut set!

Connect

looking at those pics it makes me think, if you bought a body lift could you have stuffed 35's? Or is the body already lifted.

scottb

no body lift, happy with 33's... too much more for 35
i'll try and find out. he didnt say how much for the runner.

scottb

hey guys, this weekend threw on my caliper to replace the leaking one, and threw on my set of steel braided brake lines too! damn they have so much more room! the stock ones were beyond maxed out (they limited the droop!) and these ones look like they will never have a problem (so now i can actually disconnect the swaybar on flexy trails!!!) i'll post up some pics of before and after later on.

Connect

Yea brake lines holding the axle and 33" tire up could be a bad thing :)

Good to see your back on your feet and all is back to normal, if not better :)