Pyramid Lake - June 11th & 12th

EricsXJ

As we talked about at Pizza Night, we are doing this run instead of Strawberry and Deer Valley due to too much snow...

We will be spending the day Saturday the 11th on the East side of Pyramid Lake, exploring the area around Winnemucca Lake bed and hopefully find some good wheeling - there was last time I was there but that was 9 years ago. Cutthroat knows the area much better than I.

Fishing will be available for those who want to fish (we'll get permits before hand) and we'll be camping overnight for those that want to.

Sunday the 12th we'll do whatever. If we haven't had our fill of rockcrawling, we may hit Steve's Loop or MoonRocks on the way home.

Everyone is responsible for their own food, camping stuff or whatever (don't bring anything illegal)

Those who are serious about going, post a reply and I will PM you the meeting time and place.

Scrub

I Do Plan on Making it, as im far past ready to go camping anyways :)

Hopefully my Jeep Likes the Idea :yup: :disagree:

-Matt-

Last edited:

KYOTA

kinda off topic but are the horror stories I've heard true about the Indian po po going around writing people up out of the blue ? heres a list of reg I saw on another site

CAMPING AND OUTDOOR USE REGULATIONS
PYRAMID LAKE CODE DESCRIPTION APPEARANCE BOND AMOUNT
11.5 Unauthorized Camping $ 30.00
11.6 Unauthorized Fires 20.00
11.7 Unauthorized Animal Control 20.00
11.8 Unauthorized Plant Molestation or Harm 50.00
11.9 Unauthorized Excavation or Disturbing Features on Historic Sites 50.00-5,000.00
11.10 Unauthorized Landing of Aircraft 100.00
11.11 Unauthorized Property Defacement 250.00
11.12 Unauthorized deposting of Rubbish and Littering 100.00
11.12.3 Unauthorized Firearms 250.00
11.12.4 Unauthorized Firecrackers 250.00
11.13 Park Trespassing 250.00
11.14 Disturbing the Peace 250.00
11.14.3 Abusive Language and Disturbances 250.00
11.14.5 Nudity and Disrobing 20.00
11.15 Unauthorized Smoking 10.00
11.16 Unauthorized Sewage Dumping and Sanitation 250.00
11.17 Curfew 100.00
11.18.1 Unauthorized Vehicle Off-Road Operation 100.00
11.18.2 Unauthorized Vehicle Speed Limit 50.00
11.18.3 Unauthorized Parking 20.00
11.18.4 Unauthorized Bicycles and other Operator Propelled Vehicles 20.00
11.19 Unauthorized Use of Facillities 250.00
11.20.1 Unauthorized Number of Persons Occupying Campsite 20.00
11.20.2 Unauthorized Number of Vehicles Occupying Campsite 20.00
11.21 Unauthorized Camping Limit 250.00
11.22.2 Unauthorized Campsite Possession 250.00
11.23 Unauthorized Special Event 250.00
Unauthorized Posting of Signs and Notices 20.00

Fish Sticks

What ? Nudity $20 ? Smoking $10 Jeez I thought Indians were a free wheeling bunch. I have had minimal trouble at Pyramid in the 15 years I have been going there. We just need to obtain some permits on the way to the lake. Don't be skeered of Indians.

blackwidow

out of all the years i have gone out there, the only trouble i have seen was on 4th of july with people shootin off fireworks at shore. Just be respectful of the area and no trouble will come.

Connect

Man if you even drive off on the wrong road you could be looking at like 10 fines. Not to mention if we camp. I think someone needs to call and let them know we are coming, maybe reserver some campsites so we can get stickers or something.

DBXJ

if i remeber correctly the place whare u get the permits u can also get a map of all the roads open to the public

willyj

KYOTA said:
kinda off topic but are the horror stories I've heard true about the Indian po po going around writing people up out of the blue ? heres a list of reg I saw on another site

CAMPING AND OUTDOOR USE REGULATIONS
PYRAMID LAKE CODE DESCRIPTION APPEARANCE BOND AMOUNT
11.5 Unauthorized Camping $ 30.00
11.12.3 Unauthorized Firearms 250.00

these two are very true.

i was late waking up and the tribal police searched my vehicle and found my 22 rifle. i paid both those fines, had to go to nixon to go to court to get my rifle back. if you have a camping permit you must be out by a certain time. also according to the tribal police your rights are not the same. they are dictated by the tribe.

do not bring guns on pyramid res even if you hold a CCW. a pistol will net you some fines if the cop is not in a good mood that day.

Sasquatch

Premium Member
How late do you guys plan on being out there? I have to work on weekends, but I get off early on Sunday (4:00) and I was going to go camping out that way Sunday night and Monday. If you hit up the moonrocks later in the afternoon around 5 or so I could probably make that on my way out to pyramid. (Don't plan around me though.v :disagree: )

EricsXJ

4 and 5pm is pretty late. I have no way of telling where we'll be at that time. We might even be on the way home. You are welcome to catch up with us if you like.

Connect

Since I'm assuming this is not any specific "trail" that we are just going to be doing random roads that look cool??

And are we going to camp as planned? I know we have to get permits, I thought that was more on the west side of the lake. Just trying to get down what needs to be done, fee's for camping, sleeping/food stuff.

EricsXJ

We are going to camp but those who don't want to could go home instead. We will stop on the way up to obtain any necessary permits. We'll split the cost if its a group rate, or if they charge by the vehicle, you will pay your way.

Each person will be responsible for his / her own food and camping stuff.

Connect

Thats cool, $5 isn't bad, I think i'll just chill in the back of my jeep for the evening, I assume someone will have a fire going to chill around so it should be fun. I would bring a sleeping bag/mat but I'm a little too soft for desert creatures.

I would say we should barbeque but I don't know whos coming out, so I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Last edited:

Zebaru

The list of fees there is a little old. Day use is up to $6, and camping is up as well. I'm not exactly sure what camping is now, but it's more than $5...

Travis

NevadaXJ

Well, I wanted to go, but if i can't get my locker in before Rubicon then I don't get to go. This is my last weekend to find someone to help me make this happen.....