R/C Cars?

Scrub

Anyone around here have an R/C cars? i have a Nitro Rustler and its great to go out bashing by myself, it might be more fun to go bash with some more people.....so just curious anyone else have any?

-Matt-

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to get one some day. Right now I just have a cheapo gutless (but 4x4) Nikko Jeep Rubicon. It's fun to run it in the backyard but it wear out the batteries pretty fast. Maybe one day I'll modify it, the motor and it needs the "lockers". :D

PizzaJeep

right here!
i have a traxxas T maxx with the 2.5 nitro engine... it has a spool in the rear and a auto 2 speed no reverse tranny for lighter weight and a higher top speed. I got done making a jeep wrangler body last winter for it.. it looks exactly like my jeep now... i have pics of it if u wanna see, im taking it to pyramid lake this weekend to play in the sand with it.. i imagine that the moonrocks would totally kick @$$ too with all of the sand...

Scrub

yea those are bad ass, ive been thinking about building myself a little rock crawler RC, but i'm not big on electric RC and Nitro + Rock Crwaling = Not the best but i might try my luck with a nitro Rock Crawler....just gotta find all the right parts :)

DBXJ

Scrub said:
yea those are bad ass, ive been thinking about building myself a little rock crawler RC, but i'm not big on electric RC and Nitro + Rock Crwaling = Not the best but i might try my luck with a nitro Rock Crawler....just gotta find all the right parts :)

well theres that rc hobby shop int town they if they dont have it they can get it

Scrub

AMS hobbies on wells can get just about anything, but they are a little expensive, i buy most of my stuff from towerhobbies.com, mainly fuel and cheapie rims are the only thing i buy locally

PizzaJeep

it would be nice to be able to put in a crawler box of some sort so that i could creep on rocks... but i fear that my t maxx is only going to spend its time blasting through sand and down trails at 50+ mph haha :D

Sauce

are you kidding me, 50 mph? :eek: That is so cool, I will bet they are 1000 times more fun than those cheapy electric ones

Scrub

lol yea they are, ive had mine clocked at 54 (gotta love washoe county sherrifs :D) but then i fried my clutch bell and spur gear so im back to stock speeds(46mph) :( but they are a blast :)

-Matt-

PizzaJeep

yea they totally rule... when they work... i like mine, but they're too hard to get working and use..it takes a lot of practice to get them controlled well, and how to get them started... it seems like sometimes i spend an hour working on it to get it working and spend 10 minutes playing with it..
i think mine is for sale right now... i got really pissed off at mine yesterday at lahontan... thats about what i did.. spent an hour working on it to watch it go for a total of 10 mins

Rockfreek

PizzaJeep said:
krawlers??? huh??

Wally Krawlerz = Best Rock Crawlin RC for the $ ya can get. Like 167.00 out the door = super low gear & overkill with a RC truck body = Extra.

I have 3/4 of the course built in the back yard for the Spring Krawlin Competition = $$$.$$ to be had for the winners.

Soon as the snow melts on the course I will post some pics of this = Stay tuned.

kairo

Staff member
I've got a blade CX helicopter. Havent found a rock I can't get over....or a house for that matter :D

Connect

A friend of mine has a tmaxx like Tony, damn thing spends 90% of the time on the bench with 3 grown men trying to get it to run....

Sure once they get running they are sweet :D

MR.ROCKAPE

Rockfreek said:
Wally Krawlerz = Best Rock Crawlin RC for the $ ya can get. Like 167.00 out the door = super low gear & overkill with a RC truck body = Extra.

I have 3/4 of the course built in the back yard for the Spring Krawlin Competition = $$$.$$ to be had for the winners.

Soon as the snow melts on the course I will post some pics of this = Stay tuned.
GIVE US A LINK!!!IM INTERESTED!!!

kairo

Staff member
walmart.com

only distributor. NevadaXJ has one thats pretty cool, and I think my bro picked up one yesterday

Rock Raptor

I got one of the Nylint wally crawlers also. They are tough little trucks but would recommend putting a different body on them. I got the Jeep but they make a Spyder also. Anyway the bodys are heavy. The lighter bodies at the hobby store really bring out their crawling abilities. Got 5 RC 4x4 rigs but most are too fast to crawl with cept the Nylint one. Now that I got it, the rest are parked.

For the really tough terrain I fire up the .40 Cessna RC plane, find some water and float fly or change out the floats for wheels and find some alkali flat or other cool place to fly.
The plane has a camera attachment and bomb drops. I once like to fly in competetions to see who could hit a target, or at least come close. 30 or 40 feet is considered close considering you have to line the plane up on the target, 200 feet off the ground without being in the plane sighting, and then calculate fall rate. It's tougher than one might think.

Planes are really cool, but very expensive, especially when you spend a few hundred bones hand building one and covering it, then a few hundred more on good electronics, starters, fuel, glow plugs, wrenches, batteries, chargers, etc...., install the control rods, servos, and wires, get everything lined up and trimmed out, then go out on the first flight and make a smoking hole in the ground with your brand new pride and joy, so I might as well just cash a paycheck and throw the money in a campfire. Thankfully that don't happen to often to me, but I got friends that have lost thousands of bucks in a weekend.