Race this next weekend ?

willys dave

So, the Loors race is this weekend at the Wildwest short course? Is that at the Mustang exit off the 80? Does any one know what time, and how much it costs? Will there be a good turn out ? What is it like ? Any of you going ? Obviously I've never been but would like to go. Can you guys tell me about it ? Thanks

Dirty Harry

Staff member
So, the Loors race is this weekend at the Wildwest short course?
Yes.

Is that at the Mustang exit off the 80?
Yes. North of the freeway on Q&D land. There are typically NDOT road signs at the exit to make it easy to get there.

Does any one know what time, and how much it costs?
It is a night race on Friday and Saturday night, starting at 7:30 and lasting about two hours. Should be about perfect with the weather we are having lately. The full schedule is here:

http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/schedules

Tickets are $25 a day and parking costs $10.

Will there be a good turn out ?
Of racers or spectators? There will be a lot of racers there since this is a national points race and no conflicts this weekend. Rob MacCachren, Kyle LeDuc, Brian Deegan, Carl Renezeder, etc.

Spectator-wise I dunno. This is the first time that they are having a night race and the first time they are having a race in May (in addition to the August race that they have had the past two years). The only billboards I have seen around town just say "Off Road Races" so who knows if that is enough to get fans in the bleachers.

What is it like ?
It is awesome. The seating is open and the racing is insane, it is like nothing else I have ever seen or felt. The trucks make 800 horsepower, fly 100 feet through the air, and drift sideways through the turns while they are door to door. The pits are open so you can walk around and see the trucks up close and many teams are handing out free posters and energy drinks and signing autographs.

Any of you going ?
Yes. I will be there both nights.

Can you guys tell me about it ?
I just did.

willys dave

Thanks Harry, $25.00 bucks may be kind of steep for some, it makes me wonder if I'll go. Especially if the wife goes. It's no more then a good dinner though. Maybe the son will go, that way he can pay for himself! LOL ! BTW, I'm cheap !

Dirty Harry

Staff member
In the past Summit Racing has had free tickets for qualifying earlier in the day, so you can get a feel for what the races offer. Not sure if they are doing that this time around with the night races though.

In my opinion it is worth the money, both for the pure entertainment value and as a thank you to Norm Dianda for building this track on his property (and his own dime) and bringing major league short course racing to town.