Racist comments

M

MIGHTYRAM97

I have to chime in here to say that as a whole this thread is offensive to me.
I was born in East Los Angeles(which was 99% Latino), I grew up in areas where white people were generally the minority. I went to high school at Inglewood High (right next to Compton) which was 99% Black. I can speak Spanish, I can speak Ghetto in most neighborhoods. I almost married a Black girl before I married my current wife. I have friends of all races and social standing, from poor Ghetto people( several races ) to rich white people ( being a ham exposes one to all sorts of people, that's one of the cool things about it ). I use the N word, the B word, the R word, the J word, and several other with people of all different races and levels of social standing. I made one post of a picture that I thought was funny that had a racial slur in it.
I am prejudiced against people that I find irritating, and I don't really give a :censor: what your origin is. One of the things that irritates me is people that do not come from diverse backgrounds telling me I am wrong or evil or whatever if I make a joke or a comment that contains racial comments or slurs.
One of the reasons that racism exists is due to close-minded :censor: that try and legislate on whatever level what is appropriate to say or do in a given milieu, another is that some of the groups self-promulgate racial prejudice, another is another close-minded group that is basically the small minded morons that have just were not taught any better. There are more.

After all of that I have to ask of the members of this forum that have not met me or otherwise know me, which of the above groups do you think I fall in to?

Yet another nail hit dead on the head !!! I agree completely...:laugh2:

M

MIGHTYRAM97

I'm sorry, trainwreck, but I have to call bs on this one. And its not to be a prick towards you, specifically, but to point out to anyone that wants to say this statement how false it is. You've mentioned that you've studied sociological studies for the last 3 years, but havent learned the basic tenets of sociology when it comes to prejudice/discrimination. Everyone is prejudiced against something/someone for one reason or another, not all act out on it intentionally to discriminate. That prejudice lingers within our psyche and influences everything we do in some way, good or bad. A person can choose not to discriminate and resist the urges associated with it, but the influence is still there, however minute.

On a side note, I enjoy discussion on different topics. No matter what they are. Sometimes we're wrong, other times only half right. :D

And another I fully agree with...:nervous::eek:

M

MIGHTYRAM97

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Some of you may recognize the above words. For those who don't, I'll give you a hint. Karl Marx did not write them. ;)

May these words ring louder than ever......

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Exactly, but with double standards and special interest groups we are all not treated equally, so racism and prejudice will exist as a fact of life.

Well I guess we should all just throw our hands up in the air and give up then, right? That is probably want those founding fathers that wrote that statement wanted from us. ;)

WillyWonka

I agree with 72V, we should keep our rude comments to ourselves. It puts this club in bad standings with the public who view this site, and it can ultimately turn club members against each other. We are united in this club for one reason:OFF ROADING. Anything else should be kept to ourselves. I don't log on here to see what the political views of others are, I want to see whats going on in the 4X4 community, and that's it. Just what I have concluded.

M

MIGHTYRAM97

Exactly, but with double standards and special interest groups we are all not treated equally, so racism and prejudice will exist as a fact of life.

Unfortunately it's true, so the struggle continues...

PizzaJeep

1. A hate crime is a hate crime no matter how you spin it.

2. Calling someone a "nappy headed hoe" is not only totally retarded and unprofessional but it is also a racist comment.

When people have to ask "how is that racist" then they probably will never understand the basics of being a morally sane human being. This thread was started for a good reason and is now getting out of hand like every other political thread on this site has become. At first i admit, the politics was kind of nice but now it makes me not want to log on sometimes.

I like the people i have met from this site and i have wheeled with some great people from here so lets just all understand that quote:

"even though this is our little corner of the internet, it is still open to the public. And, as much as i hate censorship, it would be unfortunate for someone to browse this website and come away with the perception that we are nothing but a bunch of intolerant yahoos. Please watch what you post. It reflects how we are viewed as a whole.

Starting now, racist comments will not be tolerated. If anyone has a issue with this or need further explanation, feel free to pm any of the moderators.

Lets get back to talking about wheeling, planning runs, doing write-ups, and helping each other out with 4x4. There is one thing that we all have in common and that is our love of the outdoors and 4 wheeling so lets not let this crap get in the way. I like you guy's but i don't care what you think about politics and race and i hope that the feeling is mutual.
but what about the guns???????

PizzaJeep

I agree with 72V, we should keep our rude comments to ourselves. It puts this club in bad standings with the public who view this site, and it can ultimately turn club members against each other. We are united in this club for one reason:OFF ROADING. Anything else should be kept to ourselves. I don't log on here to see what the political views of others are, I want to see whats going on in the 4X4 community, and that's it. Just what I have concluded.

but what about the guns???????

wbstretcher

I'm not racist, I really tend to hate everyone equally. I was simply juts stating some thoughts I had in hope of open, mature discussion, and to refute the "equal" part. We will never truly live in an "equal" society until we all learn to allow people to treat us as their equals.

:thumbsup:

NevadaXJ

they are gone, Our country voted agianst guns! SUCKS there are more of them

then us when it comes to owning a gun.
Don't feed Tony. He admitted a long time ago that guns scare him. They can jump right out of their holsters and shoot up a place, you know!

PizzaJeep

Don't feed Tony. He admitted a long time ago that guns scare him. They can jump right out of their holsters and shoot up a place, you know!
IDIOTS with guns scare me.

im scared of motorcycles also, but that doesnt mean that i dont play with them anyways!

dfghs05

Don't say n*****,b*****,ch***, but cracker or whitey is cool???? Delusional f bags!!!

Last edited:

ScoobyMike