Ran Fordyce this weekend

spoon

Went in for a day trip, in at Eagle Lakes and out at the Cisco crossing. Good times, not too crowded. Everybody we ran into was on their best behavior. Some of the guys running up Winch Hill #1 even took the time to unstack the rocks they stacked and received a cheering approval from everybody that was there hangin, around :thumbsup: . Didn't see too much trash on the trail except for a F 350 that was obviously stolen and dumped down at the 1st water crossing. The thieves managed to take the front Dana 60 home with them though. Its sitting up on blocks right now and unless another front end gets bolted up on it , it will probably have to be helicoptered out. Got some pics from the trip at this link: www.homepage.mac.com/spoon7500/

Sauce

looks like you spent more time on your side than on your shoes, maybe you should take it to the snake to get it tuned in, he didn't even scratch a tube today...Why are you still spewing smoke? How high was the river crossing? Looks like a good time :D

rusty_tlc

Sauce said:
looks like you spent more time on your side than on your shoes, maybe you should take it to the snake to get it tuned in, he didn't even scratch a tube today...Why are you still spewing smoke? How high was the river crossing? Looks like a good time :D
Running an engine sideways tends to increase trhe oil consumtion.

WH1 looks like it is still interesting.

spoon

Sauce said:
looks like you spent more time on your side than on your shoes,
Cmon now Sauce, you've seen me drive and you know my style: flip, flop, flip, flop, flip............
:ne_nau: I'm the guy who goes to the grocery store and flops his shopping cart when pushing it over a speed bump in the parking lot. The river was really low, so you would have no problems crossing with your BIG BOY 35"s. :D

Last edited:

MR.ROCKAPE

I told you that if it fits through on its side, it will probably fit on its wheels!I knew I should have went wheeling with you instead of the Radiator Challenge!!
And dont let B-sauce fool you he is a MAD WEB WHEELER :disagree:

Mallford

Hey who is running the "Scout"??
Not so sure if there is an IH part left on it but I am curious. Not a huge fan of tube rigs (I like plates on my junk) but I might have to change my mind if that Binder has some relation to what I am driving.

spoon

Other than the Scout 800 skins, there is no IH parts on that junk at all. All Toyota running gear: 22RE, dual-cases, and all the other typical Toy truck blah blah blah.

spoon

throttleboy said:
that IH is almost as ugly as my junk :yup: !!
:rofl: Yeah I love wheeling with that homie, his junk starts to make my puggly junk look good after a while. His rig seems to work though. He's running leafs up front and 4-link rear with Aerostar coils.

spoon

Almost forgot, Carnage tally for the trip: 1 broken Dana 30 front axle shaft (kids if you have a Dana 30 front axle, leave your computer now and go to your rig and promptly tear that garbage out from underneath your rig. Don't pimp it, don't "build" it, just junk it :yup: ) 1 severely mangled aluminum buggy side panel courtesy of Winch Hill #1 left line boulder. (Dzus fasteners were popping out like flippin' bullets :eek: ) And 1 ko'd radiator hose courtesy of Winch Hill #1 left blah blah blah. ( :rolleyes: ) Other than that everything went smooth.

Last edited:

Mallford

Damn, Japanese parts under an IH skin???

How wrong can ya get? Simply blasphemy to an IH guy like myself.

Anywho, looks capable enough, if it was parked next to my heap then it would look fricken sweet. I think he has more sheetmetal than me and mine is more or less stock, saggin body mounts and rust holes included.

JOE THE TOE

THROTTLE-BOY,SOMEBODY TONIGHT TOLD ME THEY SAW YOUR SH!T FOR SALE @ DRIVELINE & GEAR SERVICE ON a POSTER,SAY IT AINT SO!!!! :(

rusty_tlc

Mallford said:
Damn, Japanese parts under an IH skin???

How wrong can ya get? Simply blasphemy to an IH guy like myself.

Anywho, looks capable enough, if it was parked next to my heap then it would look fricken sweet. I think he has more sheetmetal than me and mine is more or less stock, saggin body mounts and rust holes included.
I'm just as offended as a Toyota guy. A Toyota Drive train is nothing to be ashamed of. :D
Rust gives a rig charcter, although I don't think my rig can take any more character. :D

throttleboy

JOE THE TOE said:
THROTTLE-BOY,SOMEBODY TONIGHT TOLD ME THEY SAW YOUR SH!T FOR SALE @ DRIVELINE & GEAR SERVICE ON a POSTER,SAY IT AINT SO!!!! :(
that was an old flyer...before the rockwells....the mad scientist and i got a 4 seater in the works ;) !!