Rather than OBA. . .

Samco Fab

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you would have to let your compressor cool off about 8 minutes after inflating just one tire with a 33% duty cycle :barf: Thats Approx 40 min. vs. 5 min.
Your friends with co2 would be pissed.
I think co2 it the way to go. I am talking to some suppliers and trying to put together some co2 kits together that are more budget frendily than the power tank. PM me and bug me if you are interested and mabye that would get the ball rolling for me to put together some kits with a bracket, reg., tank with guard and a hose. :D

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

I think you are correct. I did a table of different compressor types. Electric came out as the worst based on CFM/PSI and cycle times. Mechanical (York etc.)was the best but; 1) I have no pullys left on my cruiser block 2) you need a unit for every rig. I want a system I can move from rig to rig, truck/cruiser/RV.

Count me in if you put together a C02set-up.

kairo

Staff member
I've got a c02 setup. and viair offers a constant duty cycle compressor too, but it's $300

rusty_tlc

kairo said:
I've got a c02 setup. and viair offers a constant duty cycle compressor too, but it's $300
I'll base my Co2 set up on the one you posted here if Sam fades out on it.

How many amps does the viair 100% require? What kind of CFM? I had them in my table, which I ditched once I made my choice. :disagree: Don't they also make a heck for stout mechanical (belt driven) compressor?

Last edited:

EricsXJ

The Viair compressor shown above is too weak for filling tires IMO. It is only the 200 series which puts out 1.27 cfm @ 20 psi. The 400 series (which I am running) puts out 2.12 cfm @ 20 psi. It filled my 33's from 15 to 30 psi in a reasonable amount of time - 2 minutes per tire. My 35's now take a bit longer. Mine is a 33% duty cycle and I have never once had it shut off on me (has a thermal switch) 33% duty cycle can be ran for 15 minutes non-stop and then needs to rest for 30 minutes. By no means is it the best compressor, but it does the job.

For portable, you can't beat CO2.