rear coil project for xj

izzy

i am starting my rear coil project and i was wondering if any of you can make some control arms, mounts and help with the triangulaton with everything. maybe even help me out with it. any help would be greatly appreciated, it will be a rear four link.

izzy :D

PizzaJeep

i think ill chime in... to answer your call for help.. yes... my friend, partner in crime and neighbor would be able to fab custom mounts with his plasma cutter, and help out with arms and getting the right geometry

Mallford

I have happend upon a nice place that I plan on getting my parts for my long arm suspension for my TJ. Lotsa stuff in there but I myself was looking at getting the 1/2" stanless steel spherical rod ends and 36" hex bar. They have good prices for higher quantities also.

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/

I'd like to see how this goes together myself, since I want to do the custom long arm next year or possibly sooner if the money situation is right.

Last edited:

Connect

So your basically building a custom steel 4-link suspension? Sounds easy enough. I hope you can take alot of notes on your measurements so that if it turns out we can mass produce them for everyone.

izzy

ya, ill be having shaffers offroad help me with the measurements. i will be sure to take lots of pics

Mallford

I am thinking about doing the 4 link or might just stick with the 3 and keep it close to stock just longer. Be nice to get rid of that top side though. Only thing about the whole deal is I don't have a place to do it. Really miss having a garage now that I am renting. Might have to hit up PizzaJeep for some mounting points from RE. Prolly gonna get the resident engineer to help me out with the measurements (wifey).

Samco Fab

I can help you with your link fabrication. I sell 4130 tube, rod ends , uniballs, flex joints and tube adaptors. I can help you choose the right stuff for your application. Just let me know. I will give you my two cents on design, although Mike S. really knows his stuff. Give me a call if you need anything.

izzy

thanks alot samco i will probably be getting ready to order al the joints and tubing next friday, so i will make sure i call you first. it would be great if you could help me out wiht the links, and mounting points. i already have the coils, just working on mounts for them.

izzy

ya i already printed all those articles out and have been reading them nonstop, but thanks anyways

izzy

ya i have everything thing built. i have a rear 9 inch chromoly 31 spline shafts, detroit, 4.86 gears, disc brakes and the mounts built and the lower links, i just need to build my y link and crossmember and i will be done hopefully buy pizza night

kairo

Staff member
izzy said:
ya i have everything thing built. i have a rear 9 inch chromoly 31 spline shafts, detroit, 4.86 gears, disc brakes and the mounts built and the lower links, i just need to build my y link and crossmember and i will be done hopefully buy pizza night

nice work man! Wondering where you'd been. Apparently in the garage :yes:

Connect

Damn, I bet it will all be worth it in the end though :) I hope you did take alot of pics along the way, you could probably write pages of instructions