Rear Hatch Rattle??

Connect

It's been like this since i bought it, the hatch doesn't seem to close all the way and rattles horribly off-road and bad while on road, freeway it stays pretty quiet. First i thought it was the panel which was missing a couple of clips, but now i notice that it doesn't seem closed all the way.

Any idea if its a screw that needs to be tightend or do i have to replace the whole latching mechanism

xjmoser

Connect said:
It's been like this since i bought it, the hatch doesn't seem to close all the way and rattles horribly off-road and bad while on road, freeway it stays pretty quiet. First i thought it was the panel which was missing a couple of clips, but now i notice that it doesn't seem closed all the way.

Any idea if its a screw that needs to be tightend or do i have to replace the whole latching mechanism

There is a striker on the bottom of the rear gate opening that can be loosened and moved forward (towards front of jeep) to tighten the door up. It should have 2 torks bolts. Or there are two adjustable stops on both sides of the gate that can be adjusted out to tighten it up.

Connect

Hahaha, no i've been sticking to forest service trails with some mud, no rocks yet though :)

And i've gotten stuck in less with my blazer, I love jeeps

Oh yea, Thanks I'll try the stop's first, sounds easier.