rear shocks for RAM 1500 tow vehicle

braindead0

Ignore the machine
I'm considering new rear shocks, would be nice to have something with adjustable dampening. Sometimes when towing our TT it'll wallow a bit more so when getting up near the payload capacity of the truck. WD hitch is setup correctly (bet it'd wallow a lot without ;-).

It just feels like I could use a tad more dampening, and might be nice if I could adjust for empty.

Thanks for any tips!

braindead0

Ignore the machine
How are air bags going to increase suspension dampening? I'm not overloaded or the like, just a bit more bounce in the rear when hauling my TT than I'd like...

I'm currently thinking Rancho RS9000's would fit the bill.. just not sure if there are other/better options..

Last edited:

McNasty

Air bags do help that side to side sway you get when pulling a heavy load. They aren't just for keeping the ass end up. When I used them in my Wrangler I'd fill them to 35 psi and the rear end stiffened up like a board.

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Air bags do help that side to side sway you get when pulling a heavy load. They aren't just for keeping the ass end up. When I used them in my Wrangler I'd fill them to 35 psi and the rear end stiffened up like a board.
I don't have any sway, it's all vertical 'wallow' or bounce and only in certain situations.. the shocks on these new RAM trucks are 'plush' and ride really nice empty but not so nice when loaded..

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Picked up a set of Rancho RS9000XL shocks, no need for air bags squat isn't a problem with a properly sized/setup WD hitch. I just needed more dampening....