Reno PD just called- they found my truck

scottb

Hey, just got a call from Reno PD, my 4runner was found, dont know where, the condition or what. waiting for more info. thought i would shar.e

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Well that is good news. Hopefully some kids just took it for a joyride and it is still in good condition. Let us know what the outcome is. I too drive a Toyota and have an earth science degree (geophysics) so we have a few things in common.

Sauce

congrats, maybe we will get to run some trails afterall! I was worried that your truck would not get recovered.

Connect

Yea I hope they found the whole thing and not the body laying on blocks... Knock on wood*

The second you get it home go buy some kill switches please!

scottb

okay, just saw it... damn its a bit of a mess but not bad. stole all my wheels and tires. they put on my 2 small spares and a spare of their own, and they left the front drivers side tire off. stole all of my tools, left some of my stuff that i really wanted but was useless (afraid they'd just trash it) to them. found all my MRE's (well most of em), found my thermos (stainless steel job), my Sigg bottle, my Karate shoes and Ghi (all dirtied up and nasty). they stole all but my a/f ratio gauge but trashed all the wires. opened the hood- looks like the engine is still all there (doesnt even look like they opened the hood to remove the wires). my GPS was gone, my highlift was gone (btw the steel cable i had had a bunch of attempted bolt cutter marks on it, and they finally gave up and cut the lock itself !!!!. all but 2 of my lights are still there (they stole the really shitty $20 /set of round walmart driving lights. stole my reciept for my tires and a bunch of other stuff like my plates. stole all my lights i had in the car (million candle power light, 3 LED headlamps, a military style light). a bunch of other random stuff was stolen too- like all the factory tools- yet they left me the factory tool roll up thing. all my spare parts were there though! lift and shocks still on it and intact. looks like they hit some mud with it (axle had some mud on it- i dont remember hitting any mud that color). really sucks about the wheels- i got em from a friend and they were hella nice... happy the roof rack was still there. sterio was gone. they even stole the factory speakers that were blown as well as all my aftermarket cheapo speakers (ala walmart and kragen). they cut the wires to my roof lights but left the lights... ? anyhow i'll post up some pics. the truck looks funny with a 5" lift on 28" tires... :D getting it towed to the auto body shop for free though... thank god for full coverage!!!

oh and for some unknown reason they did a really shitty rattle can on the front right fender (like 1 foot of it) that ran everywhere... no idea why. AAAHHHHH cause i had a can of white paint in the back from when i touched up the rear dent.... guess they just had to try it out or something.

k here's the pics.

cable.jpg
my highlift jack lock cable

rearaxle.jpg

rear.jpg

psidefar.jpg

pside.jpg

prear.jpg

lock.jpg

insidep.jpg

inside.jpg

Connect

I hope the cops did the whole fingerprint deal. Looks like if you pick up one more spare you can drive it home ;) All you really need is some new wheels and tires, plus a complete check of all the wiring harness and your pretty much back to a lifted toy :) Really glad they didn't roll it off a cliff or burn it man.

scottb

i kept thinking they were gonna torch it... yeah it's really very little work. i have full coverage so they told me just to take it to concourse to have them do it (might as well i have 0 dollar deductable). isnt anywhere near 65% of vehicles value in damage so i should be good to go...

i couldnt believe how light i got off. i was thinking everything would be gone- but all the stuff i really wanted to be there was (roof rack, bumpers, lights, my geology stuff). cool deal.

scottb

yeah, it's getting towed to the autobody shop. cool they said today but prolly tommorow. was it anderson's towing?

72 Virginians

Staff member
scottb said:
yeah, it's getting towed to the autobody shop. cool they said today but prolly tommorow. was it anderson's towing?
Looked like it. I work on Mill Street so, if they were headed in that direction....

At least you got her back fairly intact.

scottb

yep that's her- heading down mill. yeah i was very surprised. i thought the axles, bumper, everything would be gone! i'm very happy i got it back. even the interior is in decent shape (sept for all the crap they threw around from back to front, side to side, front to back it went everywhere). where do u work at?

72 Virginians

Staff member
scottb said:
yep that's her- heading down mill. yeah i was very surprised. i thought the axles, bumper, everything would be gone! i'm very happy i got it back. even the interior is in decent shape (sept for all the crap they threw around from back to front, side to side, front to back it went everywhere). where do u work at?

Jeep dealership. We were looking at this thread when it went by. I remembered reading the post at home and looking at the pics. I hope she's back on the trails in no time. :thumbsup:

Sierra Valley

Scottb -- good news bud:yes: Your car looks great compared to the images I had in my head. Sounds like your good to go w/ that "fool" coverage. Glad that your junk will be fixed and hopefully sooner than later that way you can come out and play w/ the other kids again. :yes:

scottb

yeah i couldnt believe there was only a tiny bit of spraypaint and no apparent body damage. sucks that they ditched it on the brake rotor- prolly going to need a new one. at least it's back though. not too long fore i can wheel again. and almost all my MRE's were there (well bout half prolly) plus my 5 gallons of water- gas is gone though.