Reno realty

KYOTA

Have been looking online at Reno's realty listings, holy crap is it really that high down there? anything that had more than 1 bathroom started at $250k :eek: . What is the area called on the way to Tahoe on Mt. Rose hiway (431 I think) just outside of town where the houses have a little land around them. That seems like a nice area. I had no idea the housing was so $$ there. BTW any of you work construction, like heavy equipment construction that could hook me up?

NevadaXJ

KYOTA said:
HWhat is the area called on the way to Tahoe on Mt. Rose hiway (431 I think) just outside of town where the houses have a little land around them. That seems like a nice area.

Galena Forest if it's where I think you are talking about.... definately high $$$. This is one of the reasons I live out in Dayton. To get anything reasonable in the Reno area you have to go to Cold Springs, Spanish Springs (farther even), fernley, or Dayton....

willyj

NevadaXJ said:
Galena Forest if it's where I think you are talking about.... definately high $$$. This is one of the reasons I live out in Dayton. To get anything reasonable in the Reno area you have to go to Cold Springs, Spanish Springs (farther even), fernley, or Dayton....

im gonna be your neighbor in about 6 months if i can find a place

rusty_tlc

KYOTA said:
...What is the area called on the way to Tahoe on Mt. Rose hiway (431 I think) just outside of town where the houses have a little land around them. ...
Could be Rolling Hills, very close to Galena High?

NevadaXJ

willyj said:
im gonna be your neighbor in about 6 months if i can find a place

There's a place right across the street that I have been drooling over, but the wife and I cannot afford to make the move this year. It's a brand new triple wide, dropped on a permanant foundation, 2 two car garages, turn around driveway on an acre of land. The house was set up last year, and the husband passed away, so now the wife is selling. I have no idea how much for, but it looks to be a nice place. It's on Wagon Wheel Way off of La Fond.

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Reno Housing

Yes, it's true...

The average home in Reno is now 347k, with Sparks right behind at 320k.
The house at Stead for 170k must have been one of those old Army Duplexes by the base, as all the new homes built in the last ten years are all over 300k.
The area up MT Rose...you need about 450k just to looks at any of those.
Even Ferley is starting to get into the 250k range.

This is from a Realtor of ten years - who wants to see the influx of people stop before we become another San Jose :eek: