Reno salvage is closing....

Samco Fab

I have 9 inches of 2x6x.188, probably not enough for what you need but let me know. Call PDM Steel
I am trying to stock more tube in the shop to make up for what Reno Salvage wont have, although I wont have much besides round tube. People, let me know what tube you use for stuff and I will try to keep a stick or two around. Tough to keep the inventory that Reno Salvage had, although they didnt really have much 4130. I try to keep what off road guys would use.

I just ordered some 2"x .250 and 1.5x.250 DOM if anyone needs some. I also have many sizes of 4130 in stock, including some plate.

Sauce

i need 10 feet, reno salvage quoted me $10 a foot for 2x5, but I want a little more lateral protection (this is for sliders)

Last edited:

Zebaru

I have been getting all my steel from Desert Steel. I don't know if they are the best prices, but they seem fair enough. My 2x4 0.188 tube was a bit less than $5.00/ft.

They treated me fairly, and had no problem cutting my first batch into 10' lengths so I could get it home in the back of a van I borrowed. Good guys

Travis

PizzaJeep

after i heard about reno salvage closing earlier this summer, i set up a business wholesale account over at PDM. prices are considerably cheaper there, and now i feel like kicking myself in the *** for spending that much extra at reno salvage.

for comparison, a stick of 1.5" .120 wall DOM at reno salvage was about $120 out the door. PDM is about $80 out the door for the same exact tube. (a stick is 22 feet)

i constantly order tubing and steel from them between my buddies and other people who just want a good deal on the steel. if anyone needs steel, let me know, and ill order it for you under my account.

Sauce

desert steel is awesome to work with. I ordered 10 feet of 2x6 .188 wall, they didn't have it in stock, but they are getting it from stockton. Best part, they are half the price of PDM. PDM wanted $175 before cutting, desert steel only wanted $92. Oh yeah, I talked to frank, thanks throttle.

MR.ROCKAPE

Sauce said:
desert steel is awesome to work with. I ordered 10 feet of 2x6 .188 wall, they didn't have it in stock, but they are getting it from stockton. Best part, they are half the price of PDM. PDM wanted $175 before cutting, desert steel only wanted $92. Oh yeah, I talked to frank, thanks throttle.
2X6 ARE YOU BUILDING A SET OF BUNK BEDS????WTF???I HOPE YOUR NOT BUILDING MORE TO THAT SWING SET ON THE BACK OF YOUR RIDE!!!!!:fro:

Sauce

I could have done what tom did for protection and use 2" .250 tube, but I thought I would go the cheaper and easier route. I will have about 1/2 of what he has in to the sliders, they will be lighter, and provide the same amount of protection. Instead, i am going to build a real tie rod and get hydro assist :eek:

MR.ROCKAPE

Sauce said:
I could have done what tom did for protection and use 2" .250 tube, but I thought I would go the cheaper and easier route. I will have about 1/2 of what he has in to the sliders, they will be lighter, and provide the same amount of protection. Instead, i am going to build a real tie rod and get hydro assist :eek:
THEN IT WILL BE READY TO RUN THE VEE-CRACK????