Rescue needed ASAP

RARECJ8

Calling any member in the carson area-- we have a HA member stuck in the pine nut mtns and needs extraction. he went alone, (trail sin) so make him pay $. Anyway, his name is Rob and cell # is 775-267-7075.

Please, anyone...

call came in here at 3:50 pm Thursday.

mb

dye_dan

Ok, called and left a message but no answer. I'll do it if no one else closer can. I couldn't be there for a couple hours probably. I left him a message, but do you know where he is exactly?

He's not still up there alone is he?? Is this a dire situation or is this a "dude, my jeep is stuck can you help me get it out tomarrow?" type af deal?

dye_dan

Last I heard a couple guys from the Hills Angels were on there way before I could get going, and I'm sure they'll be able to get him out. I'll post an update when I hear one.

dye_dan

I didn't go. By the time I was able to get off work and get home to get my truck a couple guys were already on their way.

I'll see if he's got any pics.

RARECJ8

Rescue successful-- he was cold, wet and tired. Tried to drive off the packed roadway to go around a snow drift-- u know what that means? Very soft goo. even if the road is covered w/ snow, its better packed than the soft dirt along the road, so stay on the 'road' if possible, even if u cannot actually see the 'road'. He had no winch (if he did, we'd never likely have gotten the call-- just tug ur self out and be on ur way) He DID have a cell phone and, best of all, a GPS-- he was able to relay his coordinates and that saved his a$$. Imagine not having a GPS and telling rescuers something, "Well, i'm over this ridge, next to a tree, lots of snow and a big rock a 1/2 mile back" that'd be impossible. W/ the GPS, they literally drove right to him, almost... anyway, its all OK now. Anyone learn something from this?

Don't go alone-- but if u must, be VERY PREPARED.
GPS and cell phone a must
file a 'trip plan' with a trusted person and for when they should start to worry.

Some common sense and
Get a winch + land anchor.

JMO

mb