Revolver Shackles (Teraflex)

rockrawler81

What do you guys have to say about Teraflex's Revolver Shackles for CJ and YJ. I think they are amazing with how much travel a leaf can be with this simple bolt-on. I saw on Xtreme 4x4 T.V. (Saturday and Sunday, 1 p.m., Spike T.V.) they used it on a CJ with a spring over. Pretty cool stuff.

deadandcompany

I would suggest Jim's ZigZag set up before the Revolver Shackles. Jim has a lock out pin for his and also a type of Panhard bar. Makes things alot safer. Those Revolver shackles can unload or shift weight when coming down an obstcale and cause a roll over. But your sh!t is gonna get scratched anyway. So buy whatever.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
on my old YJ, I ran RE 4.5 Extreme Duty springs SUA. first with regular shackles, then Revolvers in the rear. I did gain an inch or two of axle drop, but lost about the same in the uptravel. in my opinion, they are not worth the $$$. properly set up suspension will flex well without them.

izzy

i used to have revolvers on my xj, they worked out great. i hada significant increase in travel, but only problem is the body roll if you have disconnected your swaybar.

PizzaJeep

all ive heard about them is the same stuff... scarry when they unload on a steep decline or incline... from a sudden full weight on them to when they pop out and extend their 2 or 3 extra inches or whatever... massive weight transfer.. makes for lots of cleaning of the poop stains in your seat or worse..lots of scrapes on your roll cage