Rock sliders?

Bill

In the next couple of weeks I'll be looking for a set of rock sliders for the old T.J. And I would appreciate the inside line. Of course I don't want to waste my money on junk. Any advice on this subject would be helpful.
Thanks

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Get something that bolts to the body. They are stronger and will allow for the most ground clearance.

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Savvy Offroad aluminum sliders with steel rub rails, I wish they made them for YJs too.

renogeno

Premium Member
Who makes good ones? I am also looking for this for JKU.
For your JKU take a look at these............https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-rock-sliders-jk-j100289.html, I put them on mine and I really like them. Fairly easy to install, look good and seem to be very strong. Also go right over Rubi rails if you have those already.

zadar

Thanks! I like those. I have Nfab but don't want steps, they stick out to far and I don't need them to get in and out.
They attach to rubber body mounts, right?

Attachments

renogeno

Premium Member
They attach with the existing body bolts in 3 places, you don't need any other hardware. I don't recall if there is any rubber in those mounts or not. You just remove the bolts, lift the slider into position and reinstall bolts. Get all 3 started before you tighten as you might have to adjust a little to line them all up. I had to enlarge one hole in the slider a bit to get the holes to all line up. No big deal, but it would be easier with 2 people. I kept having to get up, get tools, get down, lift slider back up on my jury rigged stand, get back up cause I forgot the bolt, get back down....................etc, etc.:mad::eek:o_O, but I'm 65 and still did it by myself, so it's not that bad.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Trail Gear has a decent TJ sliders. $340 at Summit Racing for a pair with welded rub rails, $284 without.

These are what I am going to get for the YJ. Most likely without the rock rails, as I want to try building a rub rail that's slightly different from the standard tube.

Last edited:

DirtyChemist

I think JCR has a set too and that brand seems popular.

Relentless fab or Dr Smash might be able to make you a set for around the same price honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kairo

Staff member
Smash'll make you a set of weapons of mass protection. Taco is going to get some here in the near future.

Bill

Thanks for the input, I've been doing some homework and so far I'm liking the jrc crusaders. They're made in America, middle of the price range, and judging by the video they seem to have a stronger than average mounting system.