Rubicon build I call It "Tag"

chmichels

looks great. I would recommend only doing 35"s, they work just fine. Plus they are half the price, and lighter. Just my opinion, but my next tires will be 35"s again.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Never ran the MTZ's but I have run the KM2's on my JK and my driver that bought my old TJ rubicon on 35's loved the KM's and got good wear out of them.

Bitosin

WOW! That thing is coming along great. Hope you can make it to another run soon. Jan 1st is going to be a run to Pyramid City off Pyramid Hwy. Weather is looking good and should be a holiday off for you.

samiam2714

Premium Member
I did see his Rig I believe. I think I am off that day Bill. I will definately go On that run and bring my friend Mike with me. I got so much crap for not telling him I was going on the HLT trip. :)

samiam2714

Premium Member
Its been a sad, stressful, aggravating, fun, and so many other adjectives, summer. Sad stands out most.

Since December I have finally installed my front anti-rock, I haven't taken it wheeling yet but it was an easy install only took about an hour, and i drives great on the road.

I also installed my tummy tuck. I went with the mid tuck, and the Lo Pro mount initially. I recently switched back to the OEM mount because the Lo-pro was just not solid enough. It allowed the tranny, transfercase and Drive shaft to shift to the right while making left hand turns and making a horrible noise. After I switched back its quiet and solid again. I did however have to space the skid down and inch so now I have a 1.5" tuck instead of 2.5 which is ok.

Install went fairly easy

I had to relocate the two locker pumps. If you buy the bracket from him please if you figure out a better way let me know I just drilled it out and screwed them down.

I also need to adjust my steering the lines red and yellow are the current trackbar and draglink angles the blue is where the drag link needs to go so I have to put the stock Pitman arm on I have sitting next to my laundry basket.

That is all for now. I the near future I am purchasing a full kit of Metalcloak armor. That's arched fenders 6" flares, rocker armor, rear full corner armor, gas tank skid, and steering skid I keep missing their free shipping deals though so it will be a trip down to sac to pick up since I am not paying 300$ to ship them to my house. I also have a monsta liner bed coating kit in black coming it will be here Friday. Work on that can't happen till I get back from the scramble. I am going to do the whole interior since mine is currently wearing through the very thing paint job. Anyone else notice how thin the paint job on the interior at least the driver tub area.

Well for those who are reading, I wanted to say I hope you had a good summer if you are heading up the Rubicon we'll meet you at the dirty dozen. if you aren't have a good rest of the year.

Last edited:

Snuffy

Sammy! the jeep is looking great!!

Mine would be right up there with yours if I didnt have that ****ing truck payment!!!!!

samiam2714

Premium Member
Well I got some work done on he jeep today, with some help from my dad. The reason being I experienced some rear end death wobble on my way home at 12:30 am from Reno. I can say monster has nothing on Death wobble. Even though it didn't really scare me it was just a wow hey stop that! So I decided it was time to install those Curry control arms I have neglected since purchasing them. I got the two uppers on and the lowers on. No pics, right now But I have a video of how bad the others were.

I have my 2"seat risers to install, and I am waiting on two new bolts for the front lower control arms, Then an alignment is due.

Last edited:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
just a heads up when you pull the other ones off and look at the bolt holes really good in the stock mounts. If they are square holes or even worn just a little bit get some weld washers from ruffstuffspecialties.com to fix the holes or the new control arms will wobble and loosen the bolts in a short order.

samiam2714

Premium Member
Ok I have to take the one on the drivers side upper off because I put it in upside down and can't reach the zerk fitting. So I will pick these up and get them put on ASAP.

They don't come small enough for the uppers and those are the only ones I need. So I will figure out something else.