Rubicon build I call It "Tag"

BUILTnotBOUGHT

just a heads up when you pull the other ones off and look at the bolt holes really good in the stock mounts. If they are square holes or even worn just a little bit get some weld washers from ruffstuffspecialties.com to fix the holes or the new control arms will wobble and loosen the bolts in a short order.
We can cut custom sized ones at the shop too...

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
We can cut custom sized ones at the shop too...

That works!

Sami what size bolts are the uppers using? I thought they were all like a 9/16 size but metric? Worst case you can use the right size washer and weld it in place too. The weld washers ruff stuff have are nice though since they are beveled and once you drill the hole out they add extra meat to the hole and line up perfect.

samiam2714

Premium Member
The uppers are a 7/16" I believe. The lowers are the 9/16". I need to replace many of the zerg fittings but I definitely want to grease it since they will last longer. I also follow the taou of "Prior proper planning prevents piss pour performance."

samiam2714

Premium Member
I think I should update this. First a photo

Here is my updated parts installed list

Rear anti-rock
front Johnny joint upper brackets
Winch
Power tank
Currie Upper Control arms
Bilstein shocks
Tummy Tuck with spacers - Undercoverfab
Front Anti-rock
Currie lower and rear control arms
front trac bar - Metalcloak
Non lowered pitman arm
Monsta Liner Black
Metal cloak armor all the way around with 6” flares
16" blackrock false lockers
315/75/16 Baja Radial MTZ p3 Tires (second set)
Front lower control arm brackets artec
Bestop twill replace-a-top most amazing ever
Metalcloak rear bumper with highlift mount and power tank bracket
Cheap LED fog lights from amazon - nilight

Pic of the new top, twill is worth the money.

Right now future plans include 37’s
Maybe a rear stretch
A mid/long arm lift change I dont want to go any taller to keep it low center of gravity
Gas tank skid or Genright tank

I’m selling my brother my dodge and Im going to buy another TJ to daily drive and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rock Hobbit

I think I should update this. First a photo

Here is my updated parts installed list

Rear anti-rock
front Johnny joint upper brackets
Winch
Power tank
Currie Upper Control arms
Bilstein shocks
Tummy Tuck with spacers - Undercoverfab
Front Anti-rock
Currie lower and rear control arms
front trac bar - Metalcloak
Non lowered pitman arm
Monsta Liner Black
Metal cloak armor all the way around with 6” flares
16" blackrock false lockers
315/75/16 Baja Radial MTZ p3 Tires (second set)
Front lower control arm brackets artec
Bestop twill replace-a-top most amazing ever
Metalcloak rear bumper with highlift mount and power tank bracket
Cheap LED fog lights from amazon - nilight

Pic of the new top, twill is worth the money.

Right now future plans include 37’s
Maybe a rear stretch
A mid/long arm lift change I dont want to go any taller to keep it low center of gravity
Gas tank skid or Genright tank

I’m selling my brother my dodge and Im going to buy another TJ to daily drive and such.

Nice Jeep. If my end game was 37”s I’d go mid arm. Have you heard of Jeep West? David Kishpaugh? He’s the king of mid arms. I’ve drivin his builds. Ridiculous handling on and Offroad.

samiam2714

Premium Member
Nice Jeep. If my end game was 37”s I’d go mid arm. Have you heard of Jeep West? David Kishpaugh? He’s the king of mid arms. I’ve drivin his builds. Ridiculous handling on and Offroad.

No I haven’t and thank you! I’ll look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samiam2714

Premium Member
All the build photos died and that really annoys me so I added ALL my jeep picts to a google photos album the link is below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GXPT6e2zC76owQ8z5

Okay its been four years now. :surprise: Some jeep update is necessary I believe. After some long a serious research and deliberation I finally decided. the jeep would not be receiving tire larger than 35's. I can wheel the Rubicon, Fordyce and a bunch of the other trails with that equipment. With that in mind I had gears on the brain. I decided to go with revolution gear 4.88 gears and chromoly axles. It was a great decision and something I should have done many years ago, but the money just wasn't there, heck it took fours years to save up for it.

I did that this year, but last summer I upgraded my warn rear bumper to a Metal cloak rear bumper with the high lift mount and I installed a carrier for the Powertank. I am also the proud owner of two soft tops for my rig. Circumstances last fall required me to replace the frame for my old soft top, and because Im a dumba$$ i had to buy the new topper too. The story is I bought the twill top for the jeep winter/fall of 2017. I replaced my old crusty top with the twill almost too late in the fall getting on into winter. the new top was awesome! seriously the will was great. BUT the rear window was made an inch too narrow. by simple luck I managed to get it all buttoned up and zippered. in the spring of 2018 I took it of as you do for topless summer wheeling. I went to put the thing back on in the fall of '18 and couldn't for the life of me get it zipped. the zipper metal had bent over the course of the winter before. It wasn't going to close. I contacted Bestop and they were totally great. they sent me a new main top, but it was 8 weeks out. It was the end of October. I didn't have that much time to wait for a top. snow was coming and I'd been under 4-12 feet in a few weeks. Some of you are hardly souls, but I work outside and prefer to be dry while going to a from other places, plus my dog rides and stays with me where ever I go. she couldn't stay i the jeep in a blizzard with no top. (Trust me on this she would rather be in the jeep or my truck than home) hence the reason I bought an entirely new top. It was a great decision. The frame on my old top was totally messed up in comparison. In the long term it was a good decision. The replacement top was a duplicate of the original material and shed snow so much better.

I also picked up a small square drop trailer this past summer. It may have been a mistake but I like it and that's all that really matters. its an Off Grid, Expedition 2.0 with the blue mtn wrap. Its an awesome piece of equipment. Dry it weights in at 1800lbs. So the jeep can tow it if I pack correctly, but since I mostly go to CA for camping I need the controller so I don't get a ticket.

other mods in the works -

- New stereo
- wrap or bed liner the hood
- install replacement driver seat
- Dual battery setup
- Trailer brake controller (Needs to be soon)

Current Wish List

- 15" or 17" Bead lock rims haven't decided on this yet it will likely be 17's

DirtyChemist

I might have missed it but do you just have the dana 30/35 combo with rear chromo shafts and 4.88 gears? No locker or lift or anything? I don't see any of the other info here.

samiam2714

Premium Member
I finished my storage and dog platform seat. I made a video of the whole setup.

I apologize for the heavy breathing I don’t realize I do it.

samiam2714

Premium Member
Here are some still shots. Ill do a full overview at a later time.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
looks like snuffy's arm? consider some D ring style tie downs on top for gear, etc.

samiam2714

Premium Member
Thats my arm, i have a nice tattoo on my left arm.

I have the tied down brackets cut and ready just need some nuts and bolts from the hardware store.