Rubicon Oversight Committee meeting this Thursday 2/20/20

Simple Man

This Thursday, 2/20/2020, El Dorado County will be holding a Rubicon Oversight Committee (ROC) meeting in South Lake Tahoe:

El Dorado County
Rubicon Oversight Committee
California Conservation Corp
1949 Apache Ave
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
February 20, 2020, 6:30 p.m.

This is a great opportunity for you to ask any and all questions you may have regarding the maintenance and management of the Rubicon Trail.

This year, the Tahoe National Forest will be working with El Dorado County to manage and maintain the Rubicon Trail within Placer County. This is part of a 5-agency Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to better organize and communicate within the governing agencies: El Dorado County, Placer County (silent partner), Eldorado National Forest, Tahoe National Forest, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit and CA State Parks OHMVR Division.

Please try and find the time to make the meeting.

Thanks,

Doug

DirtyChemist

Any way to find out what was covered if we're not able to make the meeting? I can't really get there at that time and I really appreciate you continuing to do this.

Simple Man

RTF has taken notes and published them before, I'm hoping they will fill that role again.

I'll pass along the basics the best I can but I assume I'll be in the conversation and not able to take detailed notes.

Stay tuned.

Simple Man

It was a really informative meeting. Only eight users attending and eleven agency representatives. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Highlights:

RTF donated $32,000 for helicopter time to fly in rock to harden the trail
JJ will need a permit from the TNF to hold it's events on the TNF & LTBMU
There will be a reroute away from the section that is almost falling in to Miller Creek (2-3 years out)
The parking area at the staging area will increase in size and get paved, probably very late in 2020

My complete notes are posted on my website:
www.TheOtherRubicon.com

There is a lot of good information on the El Dorado County Rubicon Trail page:
www.edcgov.us/Rubicon/

Doug

DirtyChemist

A paved parking area at the staging area? Wow that pace is going to be FILLED with mall crawlers soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk