Saturday 6/16 'dual sport' ride south of Yerington

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Saturday or Sunday 6/23 or 6/24 'dual sport' ride south of Yerington

Ride through Nordyke, Hudson, Pine Grove and Rockland. Not sure what's left at any of these sites, Rockland has some potential as it's harder to get to. About a 60 mile loop, with what appears to be a good mix of fast with more technical sections. Very minimal asphalt (a mile or two).

Thought I'd post here, see if anyone wants to get dirty on 2 wheels for a change. I'll be trucking my bike down, should be room for another bike in the back.

Last edited:

braindead0

Ignore the machine
had me all worked up ;-).. I'm used to doing these trips alone, not many people like to get up as early as I do ;-)

Last edited:

4x Adventurer

Sounds like a fun ride. Wish I could make it, but have a previous engagement. The bike is strictly dirt, not duel sport anyway. Have fun!

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Something came up this Saturday, could still do this but decided to put off until next weekend... I'll probably take a putt up in the hills of NW Reno in the AM, then work on some projects.

Last edited:

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Anyone up for a ride this Saturday or Sunday? I'm good for either day, figured I'd check and see if anyone else has a preference.

It's going to be hot, I'd like to start early perhaps as early as dawn.. but 9AM would be okay.

Meet here: https://goo.gl/maps/PUUpBk2h7Vu

Attached image shows the route, I can provide GPS if anyone needs it. The blue bit is optional, I have no clue what the roads/trails will be like... could be a walk in the park, could be 5mph slogging through rocky nasty stuff.

Attachments

• yerington_ghost_towns.png
    yerington_ghost_towns.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 240

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Looks like it'll be a hot one. I'm going to be at Nordyke staging at around 7:30am Saturday 6/23

Staging here: https://goo.gl/maps/PUUpBk2h7Vu

I'll be in a dk gray Ram 1500, Honda XR650L. If you plan on joining me, please post in this thread. I'll check before I leave.

Last edited:

braindead0

Ignore the machine
Did 60 miles in 4 hours. Good thing nobody joined me, the staging area was a bust.. no place to park just an overgrown 2 track to the mill site. Found a good place to park my bike thoughparked.jpg

At least next time I've got an idea of conditions.

BizzyRider

Dang that looks fun, I’ve been wanting to go down there and check out pine grove. My bike is also dirt only but would love to join your next ride!

braindead0

Ignore the machine
I've got room in the truck for another bike, and I found a better place to unload that doesn't require any street and is closer to pine grove. There's more on the other side of the mountain as well. I'll post here when I'm considering the next trip... pretty sure it'll be spring. I've got cold weather ridng gear but it's just not that much fun ;-)