School me on...Racing harnesses

Sauce

I am just full of posts today, my birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting some harnesses with the money I get and tieing them in to my flat bed...these are the two options, the first one is way cheaper, but I don't know if it will hold up...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33725&item=7987842989
The second is more expensive...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33725&item=7987292124
Is there any advantage to having a camlock style over a buckle style. I don't plan on rolling, but I want to be able to stay firm in my seat, esp. after the thread on pirate about the guy in the sami..
Also, other sources for fairly cheap harnesses appreciated.
Also, is a 4 point sufficient or do i need a 6 point?

DBXJ

well as im sure your not goin to be goin 100+ in your jeep u dont need a camlock though they are easyer to get out of or so i understand it
i use this style my self in my falcon and like it sofar
jhry.bmp

Last edited:

Sauce

DBXJ said:
well as im shure your not goin to be goin 100+ in your jeep u dont need a camlock though they are easyer to get out of or so i understand it
i use this style my self in my falcon and like it sofar
jhry.bmp
you wouldn't happen to have 2 extra ones laying around, would you ;)

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
davidt said:
tieing them in to my flat bed...

make sure you attach the seat belts to the same thing your seats are attached to, you don't want your bed ripping off in a roll and choking you in your seat that's attached to the body. that would not be too much fun.

Samco Fab

I dont think any "camlock" belts are legal in Score (not totally sure), from what I have read the camlock belts fill with dirt and dont like to latch or possibly unlatch. I would go with the more inexpensive but totally sufficient latch style. The Crow belts at Fibercraft are really nice for the money($90ish) but you can save mabye $22 if you buy the cheapies at Summit,they are stil SFI aproved. Remember to keep them out of the sun and replace them every 3 to 6 years or so on a rec vehicle.

Sauce

that is exactly what I was thinking, anybody else have other ideas? DBXJ, get them for me if you can, I will trade some work.

DBXJ

davidt said:
that is exactly what I was thinking, anybody else have other ideas? DBXJ, get them for me if you can, I will trade some work.

yea i have the latch style in my falcon it came with another but that was 3yrs ago so i gotta find it i dont really have any need for it so u could have it for free if i can find it

if not there was some company i think it migh of been carabu or qadratech who was having a 2 for 1 deal

and heres a site with pretty good prices
http://www.bumpdraft.com/Scripts/Safety_Harnesses.asp?idCategory=17

Last edited:

kairo

Staff member
i'll vouche for the crowes. We had the 5pts on our CJ5. Worked very well with harness designed seats. Most of the time on the road you just wore the lap belt though. It takes forever to scoop up all the straps and attach them

White7

If its for an offroad vehical anything that goes over your shoulders is gonna rub ya the wrong way when your bouncin back and forth ,it gets real irratating,,,But they do look cool :D

Scrub

wht83cj7 said:
If its for an offroad vehical anything that goes over your shoulders is gonna rub ya the wrong way when your bouncin back and forth ,it gets real irratating,,,But they do look cool :D

Yea that is true i would get pissed really quick like with somethin rubbin on my shoulders :(

kairo

Staff member
it'll all be worth it the first time you roll and they keep you in your seat while you're upside-down over a cliff :)