score one for the moonrocks

DBXJ

glad u posted it up since i lost the link in that freak power outage if they do have on im goin

KYOTA

I'm sure RCAA will be back, Moonrocks is one of the best locations for an event. Super tough (b7!!!) and the spectators can see everything easily and lots of close parkink/easy access, unlike places like Goldendale where the courses are on a woode hillside, hell your lucky to see 1 obstacle clearly at a time.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
ARCA doesn't even exist anymore and UROC seems to be moving towards manmade courses. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Big Rich and CalRocs come back, they were the first ones to hold a rockcrawling comp there a few years ago.

MR.ROCKAPE

I think cal-rocs(AKA WEROCK) will be there first, and if that happens I will be competing and Throttle(Jigga)boy will be spotting.

spoon

Personally I would rather not have comps using Moonrocks. I think the comps bring more trouble than their worth. I would hate to see the negatives and potential problems a competition would bring jeopardize our access to an incredibly great place for rockcrawling. A thousand spectators going to a comp at MR does nothing positive for us local rec rockcrawlers who desperately want to see Moonrocks stay open for OHV use. A thousand spectators only brings a greater chance for litter, parking problems, and added exposure to the area which will mean increased recreational usage. Call me selfish but I love it when I mention Moonrocks to an out of town guy and he looks at me like :confused: . The bottom line is mo' people at Moonrocks means mo' problems. Comps need to be in arenas or on private land. That being said, if a permit to use MoonRocks was to be issued to a promoter for a comp, I would hope that it would be Rich with CalRocs. That guy has been trying to use private land and arena facilities for his comps for a while now. I truly believe that guy cares about the area after his events are over, props to him. The other promoters can stay the hell out! :soapbox:

spoon

rockape said:
I think cal-rocs(AKA WEROCK) will be there first, and if that happens I will be competing and Throttle(Jigga)boy will be spotting.
Thats cool, somebody has to take last place.
:D

MR.ROCKAPE

spoon said:
Thats cool, somebody has to take last place.
:D
Spoo(n) is just haten again.I think your buggy could come out and roll over and play dead in its own shadow for all to see. :scratchhe .But its probably better if you keep it hidden in sambos shop,.Did you get those spinners yet?? :deadhorse

JOE THE TOE

I Could'nt Agree More, I Compete With Jake Hallenbeck In Three Different Rock-crawling Comps.......it Adds Up To Like 16 Or 17 Events All Season, & I Think It Would Be Terrible Spot Light For Moon Rocks Even Though That Place Is One Of The Best Places To Compete!!!!!!!!!! Let's Just Keep Going Out Ther As Groups & Having Fun And Keeping It Clean...how 'bout It!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

spoon

rockape said:
Spoo(n) is just haten again.I think your buggy could come out and roll over and play dead in its own shadow for all to see. :scratchhe .But its probably better if you keep it hidden in sambos shop,.Did you get those spinners yet?? :deadhorse
Thats right suckas, Spoons the name-hatin's the game. Me in a comp :disagree: , now thats funny. I would pull forward 2 feet past the start cones and immediately flop on my side on flat ground. I'd put on a better show if I just left the motor off, dropped fresh batteries in the ghettoblaster, and started breakdancing on the hood :lolrun: . And damn those spinners anyways. Been trying to get some for months now but they're all on backorder. Word on the street is that 50 cent along with Jay-Z, 2 Pac (he is alive!) and Throttle Boy got a huge group buy on all spinners. Can't even get the hubcap spinners from Pep-Boys. Damn! Oh yeah almost forgot my token on topic comment.......Has anyone ever organized an official Moonrocks cleanup?

Dirty Harry

Staff member
spoon said:
Personally I would rather not have comps using Moonrocks. I think the comps bring more trouble than their worth.

I feel the same way, I thought that the area was pretty thrashed after the ARCA event, but I didn't want to say something that might get me labeled a buggy hater. :disagree:

JOE THE TOE

WELL THE BAD NEWS IS THE PEOPLE THAT DROVE ALL OVER THE SAGE-BRUSH(STATE FLOWER)AND LITTERED EVERYWHERE WEREN'T FROM OUT OF TOWN OR EVEN SPECTATORS........THEY WERE WHEELERS RIGHT HERE FROM GOOD 'OL RENO.HOW FRICK'IN GREAT IS THAT! AZZHOLES!!!!!!!!!!! :buttkick:

JOE THE TOE

By The Way , Me & The Pirates Spent All Day Cleaning Up Trash & Cleaning As Much Oil Off Of V-crack As Possible,then Shoveled All The Contaminated Dirt Up.this Was The Day After Memorial Weekend, You'd Be Surprised How Well People Cleaned Up After Them Selves. Most Of The Trash Was Very Old :) .i Did A Bobcat Job For A Guy In Trade That He Would Come Out To The Moonrocks With His 300 Degree Truck Mounted Pressure Washer & Clean V-crack As Good As Possible,we Just Have'nt Made It Out There Yet.alot Of The Focus On Moonrocks From Blm Was Concerning Oil Spills , Mainly The Most Apparent One ....v-crack. So All We Can Do Is Keep-on Keep'in On, How 'bout It!

Scrub

Well I've never been out to moonrocks yet but i was pretty bummed to hear that they had banned any events, but its good to hear that they have lifted it :yup: :lolrun: