Scout II axles on a Cherokee?

Styx

Does anybody know if Scout II axles would fit under a Cherokee (driver side drop)? Also I've been told they're 61" wms to wms which is only an inch wider than stock. True or no?

deadandcompany

Scouts have a pass. side drop. And I belive the wms-wms would be pretty close. Make sure your Scout axles are Dana44's, some of them came with a Model 20 rear :crazy: . You should go ahead and take the Dana300 t-case out out it too and run it.('80 Scout).

Sauce

deadandcompany said:
Scouts have a pass. side drop. And I belive the wms-wms would be pretty close. Make sure your Scout axles are Dana44's, some of them came with a 20 rear :crazy: . You should go ahead and take the Dana300 t-case out out it too and run it.('80 Scout).
Scout dana 300's won't fit, they have the wrong spline count. Make it easy on your self and get a waggy dana 44 if you are going that route. There are several waggy axles down at PnP. the only way it would be worth it is if the axles were already locked, geared and ready to go, otherwise, it isn't worth it. Once you add up lockers, gear set ups, and a dana 300, it won't be worth it ;)

Styx

Dang, sounds like Scout IIs are out of the question for now. I don't think I have the experties to change my spline count and install a D300.
Forgive my ignorance. What does 'waggy' refer to? :confused:

Scrub

waggy refers to the wagoneer and grand wagoneer fullsize jeeps very popular in the 80's

-Matt-

Attachments

• 88Wagoneer.jpg
    88Wagoneer.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,131

kairo

Staff member
I had the scout 44's and dana 300 on my CJ7. I don't see why it woulden't be do-able on an XJ

Styx

It would be doable, but more difficult because the CJs are already passenger side drop as you know, and XJs arnt.
I haven't checked yet, does anyone know off hand the width of a front D44 waggy? (no offense davidt, but I dont think I could pull off the stock rear, full width front thing.) :bowdown: :p

Sauce

it is a little wider than the stock front end, but not much. Most, full size chevies have wider fronts than rears, pay attention, you will see ;)

flighht2k5

Scouts have a pass. side drop. And I belive the wms-wms would be pretty close. Make sure your Scout axles are Dana44's, some of them came with a Model 20 rear :crazy: . You should go ahead and take the Dana300 t-case out out it too and run it.('80 Scout).

I dont think any scout came witha model 20 rear.

darren y

I dont think any scout came witha model 20 rear.

nope 44 rear/ 30 front for the early 70's then 44's front/rear mid 70's up to 80, & yes Scout 44's with a pass drop 300 or even a Dana 20 would work, [some fab required]

also I believe they are 59" wms-wms