Show off your RC crawler!

xjmonkey

my buddy did this to my new maxstone 10

so i replaced the entire housing with a axial unit

Last edited:

MotoMatt

my buddy did this to my new maxstone 10

so i replaced the entire housing with a axial unit

how did he manage that? ive dropped my ax-10 off some pretty good dropoffs and never even got close to that. is the maxstone housing alot weaker than the axial housing?

xjmonkey

seems the axial unit is much stiffer and has some larger bearings. plus the shafts are supposed to be weak although i havent broke one yet

and idk how he did it. i was at moonrocks the day before and dropped it 10+ feet so maybe i softened it up for him:jiggy:

MotoMatt

seems the axial unit is much stiffer and has some larger bearings. plus the shafts are supposed to be weak although i havent broke one yet

and idk how he did it. i was at moonrocks the day before and dropped it 10+ feet so maybe i softened it up for him:jiggy:

yea, ive been in crawling for maybe 6-8 months now and thats deff a first ive seen.

i think i need stronger gears in my housing though. im pretty sure the gears in the pumpkin up front are shot. i can spin the wheels about 1/4 of the way freely then they grab again for 3/4 of the rotation, then slip again. haha

POOR BOY

yea, ive been in crawling for maybe 6-8 months now and thats deff a first ive seen.

i think i need stronger gears in my housing though. im pretty sure the gears in the pumpkin up front are shot. i can spin the wheels about 1/4 of the way freely then they grab again for 3/4 of the rotation, then slip again. haha

haha my rear of my axial does that

xjmonkey

and the maxstone 10 back in action
ive moved some things around but its all stock except the front axial axle and some different rear springs... so far...

Last edited:

Xantasm

I traded a roofrack to DBJ a few weeks back for a RC Krawler, and I am still learning what it has so atm all I can say is it has front and rear steer, two 1500mah 4 cell battery packs, and I just replaced the front servo and prop arm with one CKRC recommended. I have been tweaking it little by little to get it to where I like it. It came with a Green TJ Rubicon body but I got a few bits for it (body, paint -candy blue, and silver, servo, frame rods) as a late Christmas present. As you can see in the pics, painting isnt one of my greatest achievements but it didnt come out horrible either. I painted the candy blue coat first and did the rims with the same color, then hit the body with the silver which as you can see I taped off the flares so they would be silver and I painted the rock rings silver. It also has an LED rock light mounted on the front axle but I need to make a different setup for the battery holder cause it likes to fall out.

IMG_0783.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0782.jpg

Last edited:

MotoMatt

I traded a roofrack to DBJ a few weeks back for a RC Krawler, and I am still learning what it has so atm all I can say is it has front and rear steer, two 1500mah 4 cell battery packs, and I just replaced the front servo and prop arm with one CKRC recommended. I have been tweaking it little by little to get it to where I like it. It came with a Green TJ Rubicon body but I got a few bits for it (body, paint -candy blue, and silver, servo, frame rods) as a late Christmas present. As you can see in the pics, painting isnt one of my greatest achievements but it didnt come out horrible either. I painted the candy blue coat first and did the rims with the same color, then hit the body with the silver which as you can see I taped off the flares so they would be silver and I painted the rock rings silver. It also has an LED rock light mounted on the front axle but I need to make a different setup for the battery holder cause it likes to fall out.

View attachment 26712View attachment 26711View attachment 26710

it looks like you got the binding issues fixed?

Xantasm

it looks like you got the binding issues fixed?

Ya, I moved the frame side upper and lower ca mounts, allowed for about 1/4 spin on each of connecting rods, moved the CA and shock mounts inboard on the axle side, and put the frame side shock mounts leaned farther back. So now it feels pretty loose but flexes good. The guys at CKRC said it was looking good as far as flex.