Show off your RC crawler!

xjmonkey

0403130908-00_zps6216f80e.jpg

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
I keep telling myself NOT to get into RC. I priced out one the RCGirl on YouTube made. $1,000. Without a battery or charger. Easy to just move on at that point.

willys dave

I keep telling myself NOT to get into RC. I priced out one the RCGirl on YouTube made. $1,000. Without a battery or charger. Easy to just move on at that point.
You don't need to spend a grand on an RC car to have a blast, I've had many of them over my life and have never spent that much. This one cost around 350 and is gas, 2.7h.p., 2 speed, 4wd, disc brakes, and does around 55 mph in the dirt. It can also take one hell of a beating and I've had it for over 16 years.

Attachments

• IMG_6638.JPG
    IMG_6638.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 2

willys dave

This one is on road only, gas, 2.7 h.p., 4wd, 2 speed, disc brakes. It does 65 mph in around 2 seconds and cost around 400 bucks. I've had this one for 12 years. Buy a car from a big manufacturer that will keep reproducing parts for years. Start small in cost to see if you like it before taking the big plunge. Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 4

WJeeper

We bought this one for my sons birthday in may. He loves it, and I play with it more than I probably should. we did need to make a small pin for the drive joint on onw wheel as the original metal min snapped. And after a new 5000mah battery-pack, the thing lasts for a few days before dead.

For a cheap "TOY" its pretty awesome. Definitely a good starter crawler to see if it is something you would be into.