Show off your RC crawler!

xjmonkey

0403130908-00_zps6216f80e.jpg

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
I keep telling myself NOT to get into RC. I priced out one the RCGirl on YouTube made. $1,000. Without a battery or charger. Easy to just move on at that point.

willys dave

I keep telling myself NOT to get into RC. I priced out one the RCGirl on YouTube made. $1,000. Without a battery or charger. Easy to just move on at that point.
You don't need to spend a grand on an RC car to have a blast, I've had many of them over my life and have never spent that much. This one cost around 350 and is gas, 2.7h.p., 2 speed, 4wd, disc brakes, and does around 55 mph in the dirt. It can also take one hell of a beating and I've had it for over 16 years.

Attachments

• IMG_6638.JPG
    IMG_6638.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 4

willys dave

This one is on road only, gas, 2.7 h.p., 4wd, 2 speed, disc brakes. It does 65 mph in around 2 seconds and cost around 400 bucks. I've had this one for 12 years. Buy a car from a big manufacturer that will keep reproducing parts for years. Start small in cost to see if you like it before taking the big plunge. Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 6

WJeeper

We bought this one for my sons birthday in may. He loves it, and I play with it more than I probably should. we did need to make a small pin for the drive joint on onw wheel as the original metal min snapped. And after a new 5000mah battery-pack, the thing lasts for a few days before dead.

For a cheap "TOY" its pretty awesome. Definitely a good starter crawler to see if it is something you would be into.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Are there any RV shops in town with lots of crawler parts? Only one I knew was CKRC and they closed a while ago. Other than buying online from what I can find where would parts even be found?

willys dave

Are there any RV shops in town with lots of crawler parts? Only one I knew was CKRC and they closed a while ago. Other than buying online from what I can find where would parts even be found?
Funny you should ask, I was just looking at Whip It Raceway and Hobbies web site. They may be the only one left in town for RC cars and parts. They are having a car show and RC racing this Saturday starting @ 8 AM, I think I might go by and see what is going on. Some on road RC cars are doing 60 mph in about 2.5 seconds right out of the box. It'll be interested to see what a custom will do. Some of the fastest speeds with these things are around 200 mph. Their # = 686 8415. Good Luck !