Sierra Nevada Land Ops - Finally!

LandOps

Premium Member
IMPORTANT NOTE: DATE HAS CHANGED

SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAIN OP
Land Ops in Monache Meadows and Sherman Pass
SEPT 13-15, 2013 (OFFICIAL EVENT DAY IS THE 14TH)

FREE REGISTRATION

OPEN INVITATION
This is a 4x4 Nav-Comm Run (both day and night runs);
Nav-Comm is navigation and communications. You are NOT required to have a
radio or GPS, but you will end up on a team that does. The adventure ops are run
with a net control station at base camp that monitors the progress of multiple teams and
assists with radio relays as necessary. You will be driving, navigating, and signaling other off road teams, giving and receiving instructions that you find in previously hidden geotactical caches all while exploring the many trails around the area. The course is "unknown" until you begin to run it. To top it off we are having our very popular "Night Op", a great chance to participate in a unique sensory deprivation offroad challenge.

This is area is stunning & beautiful for exploring.
All vehicle makes and models welcome.

Last edited:

LandOps

Premium Member
trip date changed

Important note;
the date of this trip has changed to Sept 14th

twich55

This event sounds like a lot of fun, but maybe not 4-5 hours of driving to get there fun. Do any of these Land OP events happen in the Northern Sierra's? However my perspective of what a long drive to get the National Forrest could be skewed, since the is one out my back door.

LandOps

Premium Member
This event sounds like a lot of fun, but maybe not 4-5 hours of driving to get there fun. Do any of these Land OP events happen in the Northern Sierra's? However my perspective of what a long drive to get the National Forrest could be skewed, since the is one out my back door.
Great minds think alike. We're looking to do a trip in the Northern Sierra's soon. First a recon (scouting for course planning) then an event within 3-6 months of the recon. We have an organizer up in your area that has been doing a lot of work scouting areas for our unique terrain requirements. The trips are very labor intensive to setup. Think of it a mini Trophy event without the entry fee.

LandOps

Premium Member
I agree...that's a long ways to go. Maybe the next one could be a bit closer to Reno.
KG7DMI...is near Carson Nevada and has been coming down to the events, but we are coordinating to get Land Ops further north.

4x Adventurer

I'm the organizer Chris I referring to. Chris and I will be having a meeting at this next event to discus future events in our area. I suggest anyone interested head down to the next event SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAIN OP SEPT 13-15, 2013 (OFFICIAL EVENT DAY IS THE 14TH) and see what its all about. Any one wanting a more personal insite feel free to E-Mail me.

Here's a link to my post from the first event I participated in:
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php/65029-Land-Opps-GeoTactal-Adventure-Report