Slope flying

Anybody do any slope flying around here? I've been up to the hills in red rock where the hang glider rock/memorial is with some success, but would love some people to combat my zagi with! Thanks
Jeff

the-old-one

OOOOO yea I've doing that for YEARS I have a few that still fly after 15+ years of combat I also have some electric wings that rock so let me know when and we can do some combat:D I'm going to bring some airplanes on the sunday runs you never know when the wind is up or where we end up flying!!

Bitosin

OOOOO yea I've doing that for YEARS I have a few that still fly after 15+ years of combat I also have some electric wings that rock so let me know when and we can do some combat:D I'm going to bring some airplanes on the sunday runs you never know when the wind is up or where we end up flying!!

Bring one of those copters with a camera...it would be neat to get some aerial video of the rigs.

the-old-one

I don't have the copter just airplanes, sorry. I will chase some dogs around for you hopefully the funny smelling ones:D

I'm taking my new .40 size trainer out tomorrow, just got it on Craig's list. Recommend hunrgry valley or carson field? Or the dry lake bed? I'm an established pilot, bought it for my fiancé to learn how to fly. Having had a big one in a while though!

69cj5

I never liked the dry lake bed much because of the radio interference out there. Much easier to land there though.

Hungry valley rc airport is he best place IMO

Made it out to the dry lake bed, bought a key and made some friends. I'll be out there on Sunday if anybody wants to join! Nice group of guys, low key scene

the-old-one

I have repaired my sloper, so I plan to take it Sundy on the run to sardine peak and see what happens. I will prob bring my eletric swift as well so I can fly something if there is no wind:D

Made it out to the dry lake bed, bought a key and made some friends. I'll be out there on Sunday if anybody wants to join! Nice group of guys, low key scene

It will be for a while. Give them time. They ran off everyone that used to fly out there that never charged for keys or put up locks. Then they put up locks, and make people buy keys for a place they don't have permission to be. They were banned from the club in Hungry Valley before they came to the lakebed for a reason, because they tried to take that over too.

Watch your back out there.

Last edited:

Carlos Murphy

Premium Member
I'm showing my age but I flew a Hobie Hawk and others at Torrey Pines, Ca. in the mid 70's.
I also flew at Mc Donald Dr. in Walnut Creek, Ca. when I moved to the bay area later that decade.
Then I got into power for the next 30 years.