something needs to be done

blackwidow

I'm sure many of you saw the pics of the recent moon rocks trip on pirate4x4, but for those of you who haven't, here's a pic that shows you why places get closed down.....notice the oil

Attachments

• dumb shit.jpg
    dumb shit.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

kairo

Staff member
If you leave it to people to act responsibly and pick up after themselves, it'll never happen :( It's sad, but it's true. I guess we'll either see a pay system in the future for moonrocks, or a shutdown of the area all together. The same thing that happened with the CALrocks guys is happening again

Sauce

thanks dustin, a good read and some good pictures! I knew I recognized the black rig, that is glondark's rig, he has a good explanation of it in his threads.

blackwidow

yes he does, and you know this is a good thread to show people the reasons why some of the best areas are being shut down

willyj

i have a converted pick up bed/trailer. old long bed dodge. its about 8-10 bucks to dump it when its full at the dump off of 4th.

if its a weekend i have off i would be more then happy to help.
me and another fellah just usually go to sun valley or caughlin ranch and pick up tires and scrap metal.

you can salvage the metal to Reno Salvage off of 4th and use that to pay for dump fees and gas. youll never make money off the deal but it all helps in the long run.

if you ever see a blue ramcharger with a crusty white and yellow trailer honk. its me. if its full you know what i was doing and where im going.

spoon

kairo said:
If you leave it to people to act responsibly and pick up after themselves, it'll never happen :( It's sad, but it's true. I guess we'll either see a pay system in the future for moonrocks, or a shutdown of the area all together. The same thing that happened with the CALrocks guys is happening again
What is the CalRocs incident that you are referring to? :confused:

KYOTA

I was following this thread on Pirate. From what I gathered those pics were from a couple years ago and they cleaned it up as fast as they could, it does take time to get someone to get another rig to right a flopped one. I dont think they should have posted the pics on the web tho- not smart

NevadaXJ

KYOTA said:
I was following this thread on Pirate. From what I gathered those pics were from a couple years ago and they cleaned it up as fast as they could, it does take time to get someone to get another rig to right a flopped one. I dont think they should have posted the pics on the web tho- not smart

It just made a good example the kind of things that happen, and the fact that we should be aware of it so that we are not risking our favorite places to wheel. Excessive leaks of any kind can cause closure. The biggest thing is to be in the mendset to leave it as you found it. ideally, there should be no evidence we were even there after we pass through a trail, excpet for the scratches left on the rocks that Tom just HAD to play on...