Spanish Springs Sunday March 1

DirtyChemist

Anyone interested in doing a run ins Spanish Springs this Sunday? I know it is short notice and it’s half because there is lots of talk about the old days where people did this stuff. I’ve never done any so I’d need to have someone lead. I’m in an XJ with a rear lunchbox locker on 33s with bumpers and a smittybuilt winch. I might be able to convince one or two other people to go if someone knows the trail enough. All I know are past reports and names. Dolores, twister, or Billy Bob. Should be cold so no one will overheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know there is going to be a group out at moon rocks Sat and Sun. Billy Bob would be a lot for 33's, I ran it last weekend. They are calling for snow Sat night and Sunday.

DirtyChemist

I can't make Saturday this week. Too much going on. Isn't Billy Bob before Twister?

Is it worse than Gatekeeper or anything else? I just saw it on trail maps. I assumed the weather would keep everyone inside.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I can't make Saturday this week. Too much going on. Isn't Billy Bob before Twister?

Is it worse than Gatekeeper or anything else? I just saw it on trail maps. I assumed the weather would keep everyone inside.
Billy Bob's is to left at the Y, Twister to the right.

Bill

Anyone interested in doing a run ins Spanish Springs this Sunday? I know it is short notice and it’s half because there is lots of talk about the old days where people did this stuff. I’ve never done any so I’d need to have someone lead. I’m in an XJ with a rear lunchbox locker on 33s with bumpers and a smittybuilt winch. I might be able to convince one or two other people to go if someone knows the trail enough. All I know are past reports and names. Dolores, twister, or Billy Bob. Should be cold so no one will overheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm up for a Sunday run (mild to moderate). Cant be killing my D.D. TJ on 33's, winch and goodies.

DirtyChemist

Twister or Dolores if you know where they're at. I think based off Dennis' information Twister might be worth a try.
Roach posted a video in this thread. Doesn't look too bad.

Duniac

I'd like to take a run at Billy Bob and Twister Saturday (this morning, 2/29). I've never run these in my JK, but I've been down Billy Bob (on quads of all things). It was treacherous. Is anyone game to run these on Saturday ... respond here with a meeting time and coordinates and we'll show up and run the trail with you.... But if you're just getting around to this thread I think a buddy and I are going to load up and should be there around 10 (Bottom of BIllyBob) Chime in if you can make it. -Paul (Duniac)

Last edited:
Guys going to Moon Rocks canceled due to the storm coming in. They were from the bay area. On a JK I would want a minimum of 35's and lockers for billy bob. A winch would be a good thing to have as well. I can't make it this morning but have a good time.

DirtyChemist

Won’t make it. I’ll be replacing rotors and pads on my truck after checking them out today.

Posted from an iPhone using Siri

Duniac

Well since no one else was around, we wheeled part of BB or twister, not sure which one, but without a second (support) vehicle we turned around about half way up then went up North a bit, between Moonrocks and the Pyramid Lake Rez, and wheeled around some pretty mellow canyons. Incredibly picturesque formations out in that area..... Red Rocks, Tufa, Towering Basalt and Lava formations. Incredible scenery!

DirtyChemist

Sounds awesome. I wanted to get some seat time and wanted to hit the local trails some more with others. At least I know my rear brakes are good for another 14 years.